Advanced search

Question for Henry owners please

(8 Posts)
Cabbagesaregreen Sat 30-May-15 15:43:00

Just bought my first Henry and set it all up. There is a small leak of air from where the black springy hose joins the black round plastic bit. I can hear it and feel it. Is this normal?

Cabbagesaregreen Sat 30-May-15 16:29:17


MrsHathaway Sat 30-May-15 17:02:44

There's a sort of vent thing. You can turn it round to let more or less air through.

I have NFI what it's for but my mum's totally different vacuum cleaner also has one.

rabbit123 Sat 30-May-15 18:56:41

It's a "suction release valve". It's for when you're vacuuming curtains or light rugs and you don't want the thing your vacuuming to stick to the end of the hose too much

Cabbagesaregreen Sat 30-May-15 19:00:13

Hi. No, I know the bit you mean but that's not where the air is escaping from. Thanks though.

e1y1 Wed 03-Jun-15 22:21:49


Yes I know what you mean, my Henry does it too.

If I reckon correctly, most hoovers I have had have done it.

e1y1 Wed 03-Jun-15 22:23:03

Recall ��

tootsey Fri 05-Jun-15 22:19:09

Unscrew the hose bit and try it on again. Sometimes this can happen if not straight screwed in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now