Talk

Advanced search

Robot vacuum cleaner - I shouldn't be this excited

(8 Posts)
OddBoots Tue 26-May-15 15:36:26

After reading lots of reviews for various makes I've just ordered a Neato XV robotic vacuum cleaner. I'm physically disabled with spina bifida and really struggle with quite a lot of housework so something to take the load off is very exciting.

I am hoping it lives up to my expectations. Your experiences and advice are very welcome.

Yorkshiremummyof4 Tue 26-May-15 15:49:38

I'm physically disabled and it sounds fab. I have a cleaner and my husband hoovers, but I love the idea of a robot one, might have to put it on my Christmas list.

rabbit123 Tue 26-May-15 16:18:50

My brother bought a Robot vac for his apartment. It was great for hard floors and it picked the bits up on his carpet but once every month or so, he had to borrow my proper vacuum to give everywhere a good deep clean. They don't have the same suck as a big vac, so you may still need to periodically do a deep clean with a mains powered vacuum. There's also no tools with them so they're no good for stairs, sofa's, car cleaning etc etc

didireallysaythat Tue 26-May-15 22:04:57

I bought a second roomba on eBay and we love it. It sets off once a day and filled itself up every day for the first two months (even with a once a week proper vacuum). Now we're on top of things but it still finds dirt.

Note of warning though - they can spread cat food (wet or dry) further than you can imagine in a really short period of time.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do.

OddBoots Wed 27-May-15 08:37:56

Thank you.

We don't have cat food so hopefully that won't be an issue. smile We may need to re-arrange our furniture a little but we shall see.

The children have decided we are going to call it Jarvis, it is apparently an Iron Man thing.

ChishandFips33 Fri 29-May-15 21:42:41

Love ours! Should have done it years ago - you can get on with other things whilst it does it's thing after you remind yourself to stop watching and marvelling at its capability! ; very liberating! Enjoy

Borderterrierpuppy Fri 29-May-15 21:58:39

Love my roomba, it is on the go for at least an hour a day and it picks up small lego bits, loom bands and Cheerios! What more could you want smile

OddBoots Wed 17-Jun-15 15:40:45

Okay, I officially love him. He has stopped me regretting getting plain carpets. I cant believe the dust he gets up, even doing the same area every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now