Talk

Advanced search

What kitchen sink straining system do you use (if you don't have an Insinkerator)?

(10 Posts)
KondoAttitude Tue 26-May-15 14:51:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KondoAttitude Thu 28-May-15 08:06:48

strawberry01 Thu 28-May-15 14:02:25

I'm worse I have nothing confused hate cleaning the food bits out at the end yuck yuck haha

Artistic Thu 28-May-15 14:58:20

I have a thin wire mesh that fits into the drain hole opening (similar to what comes with the sink but the mesh is similar to a tea strainer). No dribbling when clearing it in the bin as the water fully drains out. Not sure if this has helped?!

holmessweetholmes Thu 28-May-15 15:34:22

Why do you have so much waste going into the sink anyway? Don't you scrape it into the bin? I have one of those sink strainer thingies too, but it's only to catch the few little bits that remain - I've never had to fit lots of waste into it.

KondoAttitude Thu 28-May-15 16:09:37

KondoAttitude Thu 28-May-15 16:10:42

KondoAttitude Thu 28-May-15 16:14:47

capsium Thu 28-May-15 16:16:59

I peel veggies onto a plate next to my chopping board. The peelings then get tipped into compost bin.

Tea bags / coffee grinds get spooned out straight into compost bin.

Plates scraped into household bin. If there is too much gloppy stuff to scrape this gets wiped off quickly with kitchen roll which absorbs it and can be thrown into rubbish.

Don't have much left to remove from plug hole strainer after that.

TheBlackRider Thu 28-May-15 16:20:25

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now