Advanced search

housing benefit

(3 Posts)
Savagelove Wed 20-May-15 21:58:55

Im looking at moving home. Im finding it hard to understand how this works.
Im looking at private rented acc.
If i find somewhere i like, do i move in and then claim hb? or do i do it before? do i pay depeosit then claim? meh. im a dummy sad

napkin Fri 22-May-15 10:45:28

I'm in the process of moving into a rented house and need to claim a top up of housing benefit. It's all a bit of a headache. You have to claim once you are in the property. I am have put my deposit down and at the moment waiting for a date for when I will be moving in so I can send my claim form off.

theowlandthebear Sun 24-May-15 09:48:15

You also need to find out how much HB you can claim in your area, this website will tell you.

If you need a HB top up, on top of your wages then this site will tell you how much you are entitled too.

You need a fair amount of spare cash as it takes some time for the claim to be processed. IIRC you can take the form in as soon as you have signed your tenancy agreement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now