Talk

Advanced search

What are your laundry preferences?

(11 Posts)
Mummybear8 Tue 12-May-15 12:19:07

I am currently using Persil biological liquid (green one) and Lenor wildflower bloom (bright pink one) and think this makes my washing smell lovely. I'm ready for a change though and want to hear what everyone else uses. What makes your washing smell fresh and stay fresh?

I'm also about to have DC #2 and wondered what do you use on your baby clothes? Wash them in the same laundry detergent or use special non-bio for babies? I'm just curious to hear people's opinions...smile

cuntyMcCunterson Tue 12-May-15 12:25:52

I currently use daz powder but use whatever is on offer when I need to buy, daz does smell nice though. I also use vanish antibacterial stuff (pink tub with green lid) on DH sweaty gym stuff and our work clothes
I always use lenor gold fabric softener, I love it. I can still smell it on my work clothes even after a hot 14hr shift.
Can't help with kids clothes though.

dementedpixie Tue 12-May-15 12:29:58

I use bio powders - have stuff for whites and stuff for dark colours. currently using persil I think but also use daz or ariel.

I use whatever softener I think smells nice - I sniff test in the supermarket!

I used non-bio for a couple of weeks when the dc's were babies but then switched back to bio with no issues.

DramaAlpaca Tue 12-May-15 12:39:39

I am very sensitive to perfume smells so that influences my choice of washing detergent.

I use Aldi's bio washing tablets because they work as well as expensive brands and I can tolerate the scent. If I was to buy a big brand I'd go for Ariel, again because it isn't too strongly scented.

I don't use fabric conditioner because I don't like the artificial scent of any of them & don't think it's necessary to use them - we are not in a hard water area.

I try to line dry because the smell of clothes dried outside is so lovely.

As far as I can remember, I used Fairy non-bio when my DC were babies then switched to bio when they got bigger.

WellTidy Tue 12-May-15 14:00:15

I always use Ariel bio. Loose powder for whites and lights, liquid or liquid tablets for colours.

I change my fabric conditioner all the time. Pigletjohn says that if you stop being able to smell it after a while, you should swap to another frangrance and come back to it. So I do. I am using the gold comfort and the moment (as it was on offer), but I really like blue comfort.

We live in a hard water area.

I think the Dettol thing that you can add to a wash to kill bacteria is really good for sports kit too.

I only ever used the same Ariel as we use for everyone else on baby clothes. I thought that I would use the normal stuff we always use, and if their skin reacetd, I would swap.

FromAtoZ Tue 12-May-15 14:13:29

I use aldi's non-bio liquid with the gold or black lanor. On everything for me and our kids. I have a 13week old and I use it in her stuff too. But my DH has allergic reactions to nearly every washing powder except persil non bio powder(I can't even use the liquid stuff) his stuff is washed separately and I have to wash our bedding in it too.

OldBeanbagz Tue 12-May-15 14:19:07

Ecover liquid all the way for me.

Concentrated non-bio laundry liquid followed by whichever of their fabric conditioners in on special offer. Plus a tablespoon of their non chlorine bleach in with the white wash.

rabbit123 Tue 12-May-15 14:20:56

I use whatever bio powder is on offer, except Bold. Persil & Ariel are my fabourites but can be expensive. I don't use liquid or liquitabs as both don't clean very well and leave the washing machine quite slimey and smelly after a few washes.

I wash all darks and coloureds on 40 degrees (cottons for clothes and delicates for, well, delicates). Bedding and coloured towels go on cottons 60 and white towels, tea towels and kitchen cloths go on cottons 90.

Missingsleepandthecat Tue 12-May-15 18:29:27

For DS2 we stockpile Ecover liquid and powder when its on offer and we stockpile the Ecover softener with the pink lid for him because it smells lovely and doesn't irritate his skin, when we can't afford Ecover we can get away with using Fairy or Asda sensitive, all of which smell like clean washing should do.
For our clothes I use Persil bio and which ever softener is on offer, at the moment I have some Sainsburys gentle softener which doesn't smell of much, just fresh.
smile

Fayrazzled Tue 12-May-15 18:36:52

I use Persil or Ariel bio powder (rated most highly in the Which reports- Aldi bio powder a close second). Powder is better at cleaning whites because it contains bleach. Liquids better for colours because liquids don't contain bleach- something to do with the liquid formulation.) Having said that, the Persil and Ariel powder were rated very good on colour fading (i.e. not fading much) in the Which reports. I use Ariel 3 in 1 liquid pod thingies for darks because Which rated them best of the liquids.

Lenor Cotton Flowers or Fairy fab con.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Tue 12-May-15 18:41:01

Ariel bio powder with a bit of soda crystals in the scoop (maybe 1/4 crystals, 3/4 ariel). No fabric conditioner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now