Talk

Advanced search

How to clean a shower cubicle?

(11 Posts)
desperatelyseekingmaya Thu 07-May-15 20:03:43

Just moved to a house with a shower cubicle. How do I keep it clean? I've bought some method daily shower - do I spritz and squeegee after every shower? And what about the tray?

Mrscurlywurly83 Thu 07-May-15 20:09:24

I just squirt domestos all round and rub round with a sponge. Have to be careful not to get it on clothes mind or get bleach stains. But with you uisng method cleaning products i'm guessing you may not have bleach in the home.

desperatelyseekingmaya Thu 07-May-15 20:26:13

How do you keep the glass streak free Mrs C?

Passmethecrisps Thu 07-May-15 20:27:37

A swish with a microfibre cloth?

scarletforya Thu 07-May-15 20:27:40

Cilit bang or jif and hot water.

Mrscurlywurly83 Thu 07-May-15 20:28:17

Oh sorry, yes domestos for the tray and then use vineger for the glass. I saw them using it on one of those cleaning programmes on tv. Comes up a treat!

SlumdogMummy Thu 07-May-15 20:32:52

We squeejee after every shower and clean weekly. Occasionally use the steam cleaner on it too grin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 08-May-15 16:11:33

Karcher Vac

AmateurSeamstress Sat 09-May-15 01:34:52

Plain squeegee the glass after every shower. Proper clean when it needs it with Viakal. Treat the tray as you would a bath.

The method shower stuff is meant to be an alternative to squeegeeing, I believe. I think you're meant to just spray it and leave it on to work, and it should extend the time between proper cleans.

MyFriendsCallMeOh Sat 09-May-15 01:44:55

Magic eraser bathroom scrubber with water, they are brilliant, can you get them in the UK?

midnightmoomoo Sat 09-May-15 09:07:09

I use the Method spray after each shower and clean the cubicle properly once a week. The best thing for the inside glass is Ecover Limescale spray. I happily bleach the grout when it needs it though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now