Talk

Advanced search

Fridge for outside shed

(9 Posts)
MrsTiddlyWinks1 Tue 05-May-15 12:45:04

I'm looking for a fridge to keep in the outside shed. All the ones I've looked at are to be kept at a minimum of 10 degrees. Does anyone know of one that can be stored at lower temperatures? Obviously if it's -5 degrees outside, the fridge won't work and the food will stay cold anyway, but want to make sure fridge stays within warranty.

TIA xx

Pootles2010 Tue 05-May-15 12:48:57

I wonder if you'd be better getting a cheapo second hand one? It doesn't matter what it looks like if it's going to be outside.

I can't imagine there are any where the warranty would remain in force, tbh.

MrsTiddlyWinks1 Tue 05-May-15 12:50:47

Hadn't thought of a second hand one! But don't want one conking out on me after 6 months of being outside

PigletJohn Tue 05-May-15 16:19:21

I think I heard that some Bekos use an older type of refrigerant that is OK to use in unheated places. Try their customer service line.

ChocolateCherry Tue 05-May-15 16:23:03

We chose a Beko freezer for our garage because it was ok for outside the house use. Maybe as Piglet says they'll have fridges too.

MrsTiddlyWinks1 Tue 05-May-15 22:46:06

I have an ice king chest freezer that specifies it can be kept outside in a garage/shed. I was hoping to find a fridge that specified the same. I've looked at a few Bekos and they all say at least 10 degrees min, some say 18!

didireallysaythat Tue 05-May-15 22:49:08

Beko. If you look on the John lewis web site (other vendors are available) they list the operational temperature range. Beko are the only ones I've identified (I want a freezer in the garage which gets to 4c over winter - don't need a fridge then...)

Bunbaker Tue 05-May-15 22:55:40

We kept a fridge freezer in our garage. One winter it was particularly cold and it stopped working. The freezer had failed as well.

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Wed 06-May-15 14:10:21

We've had a Beko F/Freezer for about two years in the shed, as a spare. It is advertised as suitable for sheds/garages, and has been absolutely fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now