Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Moths

(6 Posts)
autumn89 Fri 01-May-15 23:04:11

Id like to first say i never had this problem before the council did maintenance but i seem to have a moth problem ever since the council cleaned the ventilation systems ive had endless moths (gross i know) and they are in the bathroom i mustve wacked a thousand this week alone i dont know how to combat the blyters but I don't want them in my home ive this evening bleached the carpet in the laundry cupboard in the bathroom thrown a wicker drawer system out but i dont know if thats gonna solve my problem and before any suggests a vaccum around hettys been hard at work

Is this usual and how do i get rid im sure they are coming from inside the extractor fan but what can i do im getting fed up my cats have smashed three mirrors and pretty much live fighting the blyters meowing all hours its stressing me out ive just been diagnosed with migraine due to stress of this situation argh

I dont particularly want to share this but im at a loss of what to do do i contact the council or what

cozietoesie Fri 01-May-15 23:58:04

Pheromone traps - they get one of the sexes (I think it's the males) by exuding the scent of the biggest, sexiest moth of the opposite sex they ever smelled and trapping them - and they really work.

I cured a veritable plague of the blighters by those together with assiduous hoovering, including on the undersides of things such as carpets, and cracks in the floor where they like to lay eggs. It's taken two years and I still keep them around in case something flies in the window and lays eggs - but I'm on top of it now.

cozietoesie Sat 02-May-15 00:02:44

PS - sorry, I should have asked. It's clothes moths I'm talking about - the smaller ones that go for carpets, wool etc. Do you mean those or the big blighters with floury bodies?

autumn89 Sat 02-May-15 11:40:16

They are smootheering carpet its the small ones i poured bleach all over thee carpet in the hope to kill them i have seen anymore today but warey of the fact they lay eggs i will get a pheromone trap thank you i havent looked closely at them beecause they make mee jumpy and jittery

cozietoesie Sat 02-May-15 12:58:20

Pheromone traps then. (Get 3 or 4 and get plenty refills at the same time.) I would be very very wary about pouring bleach over everything - it's powerful stuff and might have harmful conquences. Far better to get the hoover out and go for the blighters.

Eggs is a hoovering job mainly but keep a table knife by you when hoovering. (Useful for running gently in eg cracks in floors/skirting board edges to loosen eggs prior to hoovering or for scraping the undersides of catrpets/chairs - that sort of thing.

No need to be jumpy and jittery because they're more a PITA than harmful - and you can get on top of them. smile If you've got any expensive woollen sweaters or suchlike, though, it might be as well to put them in sealed bags for the duration so that they can't get in and eat at them.

cozietoesie Sat 02-May-15 12:59:58

Sorry - excuse the spelling. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now