Talk

Advanced search

Lenor Unstoppables ...

(24 Posts)
karmagetsyou Tue 07-Apr-15 21:47:00

I've bought some .... little "expensive" scented capsules ....

Am I a marketers dream or do they work smile?

Will have fresh linen clothes for 12 weeks? (WTF!?)

WhereTheresTeaTheresHope Tue 07-Apr-15 22:26:50

I was very disappointed. Thought they were useless.

Might try them in an oil burner though.

ILikeToClean Tue 07-Apr-15 23:32:21

I tried them when I washed the bedlinen and can really notice the smell when I get into bed, not so much on clothes though. Not sure why!

Obviously I change my sheets etc more than every 12 weeks so not sure the smell lasts that long!

karmagetsyou Wed 08-Apr-15 10:45:05

Well I've given them a go & we will see ... Bloody expensive

WellTidy Wed 08-Apr-15 15:32:43

pigletjohn always says that if you can't smell your fabric conditioner (assuming you want to), it is because your nose has adjusted to it. if you buy a different smelling one, you will smell it properly. So that's what I do now. A big fabric softener lasts me just obver two weeks. I alternate the ones I buy (I go between the yellow and blue Lenor).

Missingsleepandthecat Wed 08-Apr-15 21:31:07

These unstoppable are vile, they irritated DS2's skin, gunked DD2's washer up and badly affected my migraines. DS2's clothes get washed with Ecover (pink lid) and our clothes get washed with Fairy or comfort.
just my opinion on them though. I don't see the point in them myself anymore.

stupidgreatgrinonmyface Wed 08-Apr-15 23:40:15

I like them,especially for sheets and towels. Also good on DC2's work clothes. The blue ones have a stronger scent than the pink or gold ones IMO.

Davros Fri 10-Apr-15 00:07:47

I liked them when I got them on special offer. Not so much now!

rabbit123 Fri 10-Apr-15 15:58:50

I took one look at how many chemicals were in them and decided against it. Some of them are on the governments restricted chemicals list as they're known to be dangerous

maudpringles Fri 10-Apr-15 16:02:51

Dangerous for aquatic life angry
put me right off them

Mintyy Fri 10-Apr-15 16:06:35

I hate the very idea of them. I think you might be a marketers dream!

GooodMythicalMorning Fri 10-Apr-15 16:09:28

I hate them especially cos of the aquatic life problems and dh bought them when they were first out and didnt know they were bad for environment and they made me feel awful, couldn't breathe and felt physically ill.

rabbit123 Fri 10-Apr-15 16:27:50

It's got this stuff in it.

"Known human immune system toxicant or allergen"

www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/700701/BENZYL_SALICYLATE/

GooodMythicalMorning Fri 10-Apr-15 16:32:10

That doesnt sound good rabbit! No wonder I felt allergic to it.

Mini05 Fri 10-Apr-15 16:47:37

I like the blues ones the best, yes if you put enough in you can smell it on clothes and sheets

If we read anything that was in things we used/eat we'd be starving or never use anything ie soap toothpaste makeup etc
Unless you use totally organic everything

rabbit123 Fri 10-Apr-15 19:03:14

Mini05, personally I think it's one thing to use something that has a lot of chemicals in it but entirely another to use a product that has known toxicant's in it.

All fabric conditioners are packed full of chemicals. Most are fine to use but if you look at the labels you'd be amazed what's in the heavily scented stuff like Lenor Infusions and Comfort Exhilerations. I bought a bottle that had Formaldehyde in it, which is what undertakers use to preserve dead bodies for funerals to stop they decaying.

blackheartsgirl Fri 10-Apr-15 21:05:19

I think they're not much good either, only one of the scents worked on my washing and that was the gold/beige coloured one. They irritated dp and dd3 skin and they are expensive.

I'm not buying them again.

karmagetsyou Fri 10-Apr-15 21:08:38

I don't think I'll buy another carton!

DidgeDoolittle Fri 10-Apr-15 21:14:51

I thought they were a complete waste of money. They were expensive, didn't smell of anything and didn't make the towels any softer than normal.

starving Fri 10-Apr-15 22:44:49

I like the smell of the gold coloured cap ones but found it only lasted a day or too not 12 weeks! Tried it on bed linen, towels, clothes. Waste of money. I prefer my yellow lenor.

Missingsleepandthecat Sat 11-Apr-15 01:15:44

Rabbit no wonder they made me feel sick and irritated everyones skin, I dread to think what they do to the aquatic life....

AyMamita Sun 12-Apr-15 20:24:26

I have had to stop using them as even if I only use a little the smell is overpowering!

VeePee56 Mon 23-Oct-17 17:23:43

Hello all,

I wanted to ask if anyone had any allergy problem with Lenor Unstopables. My sons partner started using them about three weeks ago and he suddenly broke out with this dreadful rash all over. On searching the internet I happened across this:

www.stain-removal-101.com/downy-unstopables-rash-hives.html

I’m assuming the same people make these or the formula is the same. Does anyone know?

The photos are of my son.

VeePee56 Mon 23-Oct-17 17:28:54

I notice Downy Unstopables spelt with one P and Lenor Unstoppables with two P’s. Is that just the American Way?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now