Talk

Advanced search

Hard floors-sweep or vacuum?

(11 Posts)
Shesparkles Mon 09-Feb-15 16:00:20

Yes I know this has probably been done before
Yes I'm procrastinatinggrin

So which do you do?

I should be doing it just now, but I canr be bothered with the sweaty mess I end up in if I try to do the bedroo. Floor with the Dyson...is sweeping with an old fashioned brush really a heinous crime?
I'll go with the majority

WestEast Mon 09-Feb-15 16:03:12

I run the dyson over mine, on the hard floor setting.

Queenofknickers Mon 09-Feb-15 16:04:44

You're not going to like this ...sweep THEN vacuum shock .....!!!
However I have several long-haired pets so it's a constant war confused

Micah Mon 09-Feb-15 16:05:00

I always do mine with a broom. Far easier than dragging the vacuum out and round behind me.

Sweep into corner or each room, go round with dustpan.

Sidge Mon 09-Feb-15 16:08:26

I prefer hoovering my hard floors, maybe I'm just crap at sweeping but I seem to just end up flicking dust around when I sweep.

Shesparkles Mon 09-Feb-15 16:09:07

You're right Queen, I dont like that!

I'm the long haired one who sheds in this house....

flanjabelle Mon 09-Feb-15 16:09:14

Hoovering or the dust just seems to go into the air and then resettle.

rabbit123 Mon 09-Feb-15 17:56:54

vacuum! Sweeping doesn't remove the dust from the cracks in the floor and if you have pets, this is especially important as fleas can lay their eggs and hibernate between cracks in the floor for up to 6 months - the vacuum will get rid of them, the broom won't.

Having said that, if you're only bare floors is lino, the broom will be better because the lino sticks to the vacuum and can rip.

NK2d7e737aX124833c7de8 Mon 09-Feb-15 18:07:11

G-tech air ram. All hard floors downstairs in big house with two dogs and it has revolutionised my life !

wobblebobblehat Tue 10-Feb-15 09:15:35

Hoover

We've got a little handheld one which sucks up random crumbs. Much better than a dustpan and brush.

lisaloulou84 Tue 10-Feb-15 09:28:32

Sweep... Then vacuum and steam at the same time! I just got a bissel vac n steam - best £100 I ever spent!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: