Advanced search

One-off paid cleaners - any advice?

(5 Posts)
Lovage Mon 02-Feb-15 09:34:46

We are wondering about hiring a one-off /Spring Cleaning / Deep Cleaning kind of cleaning services, but a bit more regularly than that sounds - maybe every 3 months or every 2 months.

Has anyone used one of these services? Would it work to have them come in every 2-3 months, or would that be overkill? (Our standards aren't particularly high, we are just trying to find a way of having some help in the house without having a weekly/fortnightly cleaner). Were you happy? Was it worth the money? Any tips on choosing a company or finding an individual? There seem to be loads of people offering this service, which makes it a bit daunting!

Any tips or experiences much appreciated.

florentina1 Mon 02-Feb-15 11:25:57

We had one when my step dad came out of hospital. 2 people for 3 hours was £120. Well worth the money.

BallsforEarrings Sun 08-Feb-15 17:06:50

We are a cleaning service, we don't do one-off's as they take one of our teams out for a good few hours and I can't schedule that in as we are always running a full schedule with our weekly/fortnightly regulars.

When we could still do them we charged around £150 for an average sized 3 bed home and the results were 'wow'. Very satisfying but I can never et enough staff to have any free to do these type of cleans so we no longer offer them.

I think regular service is better so you don't let it build up to the stage where it is necessary to get a one-off big clean but I can see the joy in having a 'wow' moment if you do get these done every few months!

If you go for a regular service you probably pay a similar amount out for cleaning annually as the one-off every few months option and you get to live in a cleaner house however i do see that the thrill of a one-off clean every now and then could be a big attraction.

JugglingLife Sun 08-Feb-15 17:08:55

We had merry maids for a deep clean a couple of weeks ago. £165 for a 5 bed house.

NATTASHA Wed 11-Feb-15 12:11:31

I have my own cleaning business just finished a deep clean for family who has Asthma. Huge Georgian home 9 rooms, looked and smelled amazing when we finished! �� We now have a contract with at family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now