Advanced search

anyone else own a Kirby? (possible the most boring thread ever)

(5 Posts)
TwatFaceBitch Sun 01-Feb-15 12:44:04

I've had my second hand G5 for 8 months now and so far has lived up to expectations. Dog, cat hair two boys tramping about. It fluffs the pile on the carpet etc. What I want to know is how do you find the shampoo system? I've only used mine once and forgot to put head on the lowest setting. So job was ok not fantastic. Any tips on best way to use it? Also has anyone used the floor buffer on tiles?

rabbit123 Tue 03-Feb-15 16:04:45

My parents have a Kirby. It's ancient. They got it brand new in about 1985 or so.

They're very expensive new - over £1000. But they really do last forever, plus my parents got the free service plan so it's had a full service every year since it was new. You can pick them up refurbed on eBay for more reasonable prices.

The shampoo systems works quite well but it leaves the carpet quite wet so you have to wait a while. You also have to dry vacuum, then shampoo, the wait for it to dry then dry vacuum again, so it's a bit more effort that using a regular carpet cleaner.

Mooycow Wed 04-Feb-15 15:41:42

We were gifted one by the FIL as it was too heavy for the MIL , never used it , its sat in the garage ever since. We have been here 10 years ? just cant find the heart to get rid of it as was a lot of money . i LOVE my dyson smile

TwatFaceBitch Wed 04-Feb-15 16:33:41

You could still sell it on ebay, the generation models or anything after G have, a self propelling motor to make it easy to push about. My second hand one is from 1995!

rabbit123 Fri 06-Feb-15 09:54:31

I've just looked and the whole Kirby G5 video manual is on YouTube in parts. Just look for "Kirby G5 manual"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now