Talk

Advanced search

Mould

(6 Posts)
Keenoonvino Thu 29-Jan-15 15:08:52

Does anyone know how I can get mould out of a pushchair/ car seat? They've been in the garage and some of the straps have mould on them. I've tried scrubbing with fairy and water but it's not budged. Reluctant to use bleach as it will strip the colour?

Pumpkinette Thu 29-Jan-15 16:45:44

Is it that black dampness mould?

I don't think much can be done to get rid of black mould from fabric. You can kill it with disinfectant but the stains will stay. Even the hottest wash in a washing machine won't remove it.

Rosa Thu 29-Jan-15 16:47:43

Try scrubbing with bicarb and a very diluted bleach soloution - like a teaspoon with lots of water use a nailbrush or fine scrubbing brush

bonzo77 Thu 29-Jan-15 16:48:55

Seeing as it's pretty ruined anyway, I'd chance the bleach. FWIW I had the same thing and used Dettol Mould and Mildew Remover spray, which is bleachy. It worked and the straps and fabric seemed ok. The mould has come back, but that's because it's a buggy I use rarely and it lives in our damp shed.

Artistic Thu 29-Jan-15 23:06:05

If its a carseat you might want to reconsider using it. When we bought our new one recently we were told that carseat should be stored at room temperature. If they freeze & thaw too often the plastic loses its ability to protect in a crash...or something to that effect.

No clue about mould! grin

Keenoonvino Fri 30-Jan-15 17:19:05

Thanks all. The stuff has only been in the garage for about 6 weeks sad

I will definitely try all your suggestions - off out to the shops tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: