Advanced search

Why do my sheets get so tangled in the dryer?

(5 Posts)
Bollard Tue 27-Jan-15 12:04:23

They knot themselves up to such an extent that they won't dry. I have to shake them out and put them in again - at least twice. Fastening the duvet cover helps a little bit but doesn't solve the problem. Am I failing to do something everyone else knows about?

WingsClipped Tue 27-Jan-15 13:24:50

Do you use dryer balls? I find they help my bedding dry quicker coz they get in between the sheets and help to separate them.

wowfudge Thu 29-Jan-15 21:19:39

Are you just putting too much in? If you split the load for drying does it improve things? The other thing you could try is a slower washing machine spin. I knock the spin speed down for top clothes I don't want to have to iron and for bedding because life is too short to iron that!

Sark Thu 29-Jan-15 21:28:36

Mines the same and i sometimes use the dryer balls. I say sometimes because the banging irritates then they get tangled in the big sheets so obviously cant be making drying more efficient.

rabbit123 Fri 30-Jan-15 11:27:22

Does your dryer have reverse action? If not, it's a bit inevitable that they will tangle up. Our dryer reverses every 5 mins or so, so it doesn't tangle or crease things up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now