Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else struggle with housekeeping/motivation ?

(17 Posts)
BlackCatinChaos Thu 22-Jan-15 12:40:39

Am I alone or does anyone else struggle with getting things done?

I have also posted in Mental health a similar thread.

In need of support so if anyone want to join me here maybe we could help each other along. <Hopeful>

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Thu 22-Jan-15 12:46:24

Me!

Although I just managed to wash up.

We'ew moving house next week so I feel doubly 'meh' as I know I can start fresh in the new place. Although I know I wont.

BlackCatinChaos Thu 22-Jan-15 12:53:07

Hello, well done on the washing up. Mine is still in the kitchen waiting for me --while I have a brew--

Good luck on your house move too.

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Thu 22-Jan-15 12:59:29

Thanks! We've packed all but 3 of each plate/bowl so there's be nothing to eat lunch from if I didn't! grin

I'm now trying to work my way up to clearing out under our bed. DD sleeping on me is a great excuse!

BlackCatinChaos Thu 22-Jan-15 13:08:52

I need to do that (clean the bedroom) but not today. I just need to do enough in the kitchen so I can cook later. Still having my cup of tea Then I will do a bit.

How old is DD?

My dc are at school but I struggle with depression. My DH factory going to close this year so the news of that hasn't helped matters.
I must try to pick myself up though and carry on.

justbatteringon Thu 22-Jan-15 13:19:39

I'm in the same boat and the mess in this house is driving me insane. So far I've managed to put some clothes away get a load of washing on and the load DP put in this morning on the radiators.
Need to clear the kitchen table and clean the counters but currently feeding DD.

justbatteringon Thu 22-Jan-15 13:23:25

Although this morning I've been more productive than most. Thats terrible news about DHs job. flowers

BlackCatinChaos Thu 22-Jan-15 13:26:03

Hi justbatteringon, You sound like you doing ok. --more than I have so far-- You just reminded me I have some washing I need to put on airers so I best do that next otherwise it will smell damp. Then I will do a bit in kitchen.

Will pop back on thread later x

BlackCatinChaos Thu 22-Jan-15 13:27:28

Thanks for the flowers smile

IWantDogger Thu 22-Jan-15 13:30:45

I struggle with this too.
Amazing how quickly things can get overwhelming from a day or 2 of not putting anything away/picking anything up.
I'm trying to do a really basic morning routine of making beds, washing on, dishwasher on. Managed it for 2 days yay! From past experience am sure it won't last.... Currently sitting mnetting and watching tv instead of putting shopping away and sorting laundry.

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Thu 22-Jan-15 14:14:43

Sorry about your DH job BlackCatinChaos.

DD is 16 weeks old and adorable!

Time to sort under the bed!

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Thu 22-Jan-15 14:14:43

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Thu 22-Jan-15 14:14:44

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Thu 22-Jan-15 14:15:14

Oops! Sorry!

BlackCatinChaos Thu 22-Jan-15 14:25:02

Right, I have put washing on airers and watched a bit more tv . Not much but it's a start!
yey!

Kitchen next then it will be time to pick up dc from school.

Please keep the thread going if it is a help to anyone.

Thanks guys. It is a help just to talk to people on here. smile I may be back later (if possible).

homeaway Thu 22-Jan-15 14:25:12

You might find the kondo thread will help, as the general idea is that you get rid of things that you don't love and by doing so you, you reduce the clutter and this in turn makes cleaning and putting away easier. Everything has a " home " and items get put away with their "friends" so it easier to find something when you need it. Lots of us keep things that we don't use or like because they were given to us by a friend or family member; the idea behind kondo is that you can pass on these items to somebody who will use it ,as what is important is that the person took time and effort to choose you something. Have a read and see if what you think smile

WanderingTrolley1 Thu 22-Jan-15 15:54:41

I struggle, too!

Anxiety, depression and 2 kids under 2 and I call the day a success if I manage to load the dishwasher and scoop up the living room toys post LO's bedtime (if I haven't conked out myself)...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: