Advanced search

Cillit Bang ads better than reality?

(9 Posts)
iseenodust Thu 22-Jan-15 11:28:14

Decide to try Cillit Bang and am deeply disappointed. Think I was swayed by the ads. blush It has the most pathetic spray, more of a splosh, so ended using loads of foam but the bath has not come up as shiny as normal (I have rinsed loads !). Is anyone a fan ?

shovetheholly Thu 22-Jan-15 11:45:30

I use distilled white vinegar. Honestly, it is better than any branded cleaner I have found. My bath is so shiny! The smell at first is offputting, but it fades really quickly to nothing.

iseenodust Thu 22-Jan-15 13:24:25

Smell has always put me off vinegar. Don't even like salt n vinegar crisps.

ouryve Thu 22-Jan-15 13:26:21

No. I bought some of the lime and grime and it was no better than the Cif or Mr Muscle I'd been using and it smelt horrible.

ouryve Thu 22-Jan-15 13:27:02

And vinegar smells nicer then Cillit Bang.

MrsCakesPrecognition Thu 22-Jan-15 13:28:52

I love the foam stuff. We have some areas of tiny tiles in our bathroom and it cleans the grout between them beautifully, scrubbing normally shreds my fingers so this is a Big Improvement.

iseenodust Thu 22-Jan-15 14:00:22

Back to Cif I'm thinking.

wobblebobblehat Thu 22-Jan-15 23:30:13

I think they've changed the formula because I seem to remember that it was very good (and isn't now).

Agree with you on the spray. I've stopped buying it because a) above and b) the nozzle stopped working part way through. Rubbish!

iseenodust Sun 25-Jan-15 22:31:56

Not just me then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now