Talk

Advanced search

Sticky labels for storage jars that stick, but don't leave a horrible residue

(8 Posts)
WellTidy Tue 20-Jan-15 09:03:49

Am I searching for the holy grail?!

My pantry looks exquisite at the moment, as I have tidied it, marie Kondo style smile. I have beautiful lock n lock storage containers with various flours (SR/plain/wholemeal/strong white for bread etc), sugars, dried fruit etc. But they all have post its on them to label them!

Can anyone recommend beatutiful labels that I can use to stick on which look decent, but won't leave a sticky patch if I need to take them off?

WellTidy Tue 20-Jan-15 09:04:26

If the labels can bring me joy, that would be a bonus smile

Thanks!

QuiteQuietly Tue 20-Jan-15 10:03:54

Avery do a line of labels that are "easy peel". There are coloured ones, but I generally buy the white ones and use the label maker on the avery website to make them look fun. They peel off with no residue. We also have a brother label-making machine but these really stick (even in the dishwasher) and are really tough to remove so we only use them for permanent labels. We have to label a lot as DH has no working memory.

nothingwittyhere Tue 20-Jan-15 10:04:19

Try the Martha Stewart labels at Staples, I really like them.

www.staples.co.uk/martha-stewart-labels-tags-bands/cbc/308.html

WellTidy Tue 20-Jan-15 12:00:49

I like those Martha Stewart ones, thanks very much.

Thelovecats Tue 20-Jan-15 12:04:55

Lakeland sticky stuff remover is fab if you do need to remove sticky residue...

NutellaLawson Tue 20-Jan-15 12:16:53

Rubbing oil (any old cooking oil) will remove sticky label residue. Just rub it on, let it sit for an hour or so then just wash off. It works on all of them.

WellTidy Tue 20-Jan-15 12:17:24

That's good to know cats. I already have a big sticky patch on my kenwood chef after DH decided to takke ip upon himself to whip off the big label!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: