Talk

Advanced search

Robotic vacuum cleaner recommendations anyone?

(7 Posts)
saltyann Mon 19-Jan-15 07:57:29

HI there, does anyone have a robotic vacuum cleaner they would recommend? I have mostly wood and tiled floors, and soon a dog (supposedly low moulting).... hence looking into getting a robotic vacuum ;)

SisterMerror Mon 19-Jan-15 10:49:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

saltyann Fri 23-Jan-15 16:04:01

thanks SisterMerror. does it pick up dog hair ok?

shovetheholly Fri 23-Jan-15 16:07:42

I had a Neato, and it was great.

Until my cat decided to climb on top and wee on it. shock

Efferlunt Fri 23-Jan-15 16:08:53

The Neato works well for us. It has fricking lazer beans! Not sure about dogs hairs tho and it is very noisy.

I did once here a grim story about someone with a robot vacuum cleaner, a puppy which was being toilet trained and their underfloor heating. - I'll leave the consequences to you imagination.

Darkandstormynight Fri 23-Jan-15 18:59:06

We are on our third Roomba, and I love it! Although, it is a computer and does tend to have it's own quirks.

I find it does our hard floors and hardwood wonderfully, as well as carpets low and high pile. It does take a lot of time though, and it is not a quiet machine. We've had our third the longest, over 4 years, the first two lasted for about two years each, which is very expensive and not a very good track record.

About eight months ago we decided to get a new battery and what a difference that made.

If you have young children they will love it. We got our first when ds was age three and I'm not ashamed to admit it worked like a babysitter for us, ds was so mesmerized by it! For years ds would take a light stuffed animal and put it on Roomba and watch it 'take a ride!' on Roomba!

SisterMerror Sat 24-Jan-15 10:23:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: