Talk

Advanced search

Dry clean only polyester bedding?

(3 Posts)
TripTrapTripTrapOverTheBridge Sun 18-Jan-15 22:15:09

In the search for a new duvet cover and curtains etc to revamp my bedroom I've been tempted by a lovely set.

The problem is it states it's dry clean only. It's 100% polyester faux silk with polyester flocking.

What would be the most risk free way of doing this in the washing machine or should I just not bother because it sounds a bit daft?! Would it need to dry away from heat too?

Any suggestions for a lovely comfy fabric that can still look lovely,while I'm here?

Larrytheleprechaun Mon 19-Jan-15 10:07:19

I seldom get anything dry cleaned - usually stick inside a white pillow case and run a delicate wash (having wet a part somewhere inconspicuous to see the colour didnt mix or whatever). But the only stuff I have for dry cleaning is jackets / occasion wear which would only be used every so often. I don't know if washing a dry clean only item every week would do it any good. And it seems like a lot of hassle having it dry it in a special way. Personally I would forget it and go for something simpler, but I am lazy beggar smile

TripTrapTripTrapOverTheBridge Mon 19-Jan-15 11:00:32

It does seem a pain doesn't it sad I wonder who has time or the inclination for dry cleaning or specially drying duvet covers and pillowcases!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: