Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning a mattress

(4 Posts)
MrsCosmopilite Fri 16-Jan-15 16:28:55

I should point out that there is nothing horrible that has been spilled or smeared onto it.
However, it's a fairly new (and expensive) Kingsize mattress. It's usually covered by a fitted sheet with another sheet under that, but is showing a small patches that are discoloured (presumably perspiration leaching through).
The cover on the mattress is padded but non-removable, and the mattress is a fancy all-signing, all-dancing one with special temperature control beads so you can't flip it over, just rotate it, IYSWIM.

How can I clean it up before it gets scuzzy?

Oh, and I don't have a spare bed to sleep in.

ThreeQuartersEmpty Fri 16-Jan-15 21:15:50

I've used lemon juice and bicarb for sicky stains / smells in the past, and dried with hairdryer.
I'd have to google the quantities though, was a while ago.

dementedpixie Fri 16-Jan-15 21:23:48

I would get a mattress protector for the bed and that will stop stains reaching the mattress

MrsCosmopilite Fri 16-Jan-15 23:48:54

Thanks ThreeQuarters I'll have a google at that.
demented - I did think about that, but the fancy schmanzy micro granule things that regulate the temperature won't be effective through a mattress protector. At least, as far as I know. Perhaps I should google that too!
smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: