Talk

Advanced search

Which floor steam cleaner please - budget c.£70

(7 Posts)
Celeriacacaca Thu 15-Jan-15 15:48:08

Our tiled floor needs a really good clean and it's really tricky to get everything off because it's lost it's sealant coat iykwim. I want to get it clean and then reseal but want to clean it with steam cleaner. Which one would you recommend please?

Celeriacacaca Fri 16-Jan-15 10:43:12

Bump, please?

flashyballs Sun 18-Jan-15 18:31:27

No help I'm afraid, but would love to know too, I am desperate for a steam cleaner, but I want one that does multiple things.

LabradorMama Tue 20-Jan-15 20:10:05

I've borrowed a fax one from my step mum, it's £60

www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-S86-SF-CC-Steam-Classic-Handheld/dp/B00KPT6AOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421784484&sr=8-1&keywords=vax+steam

It seems good, a bit heavy but easy to use. I've nothing to compare it to as I've never used one before!

One thing I will say is that I thought it might clean the grout between the tiles but it hasn't. I suspect I need to scrub it sad

LabradorMama Tue 20-Jan-15 20:10:23

Fax? Sorry, VAX!

Thehedgehogsong Tue 20-Jan-15 20:16:03

According to my email from Which today, the £48 Abode one with a triangle head is the best one. I'll be getting one!

shovetheholly Thu 22-Jan-15 12:29:38

I have that one. It's okay. The only thing I'd say is that the handle is badly designed and has a tendency to break after a few months. I am on my second one!

I recently got a Leifheit click system mop, and it is much better and less faff than the steam mop.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: