Talk

Advanced search

Milky sick stain on a grey carpet...help

(3 Posts)
Phalarope Mon 12-Jan-15 09:34:56

Toddler has a cough which, the other morning, made her vomit a small amount of her morning milk. I say the other morning because DP can't remember when - I was away for a few days and am guessing Saturday.

Anyway - he had a go at cleaning it with a damp cloth but there is currently a white stain, about 4cm in diameter, right in the middle of the room. The stain is dry but stinks of sour milk. Carpet is a speckled dark grey loop carpet and it's wool.

I have no idea where to start, other than 'buy a rug'. I have already made some remarks about not cleaning it properly to start with but this didn't actually make the stain go away. Help.

shovetheholly Wed 14-Jan-15 15:08:23

You should be able to get out a milk stain - the sooner it's done, the better. Try mixing a fairly concentrated solution of water and washing up liquid and applying that. Try not to rub too hard or you can ruin the pile - apply and do gentle circular movements and then blot it off (I get a white towel and jump up and down on it on the wet patch!) Then apply again.

If that fails, I'm afraid it might be a job for a carpet cleaner - you can hire them at DIY stores, or buy one for the house. (I have one, and I really wouldn't be without it - carpets need regular cleaning anyway and when you see the black icky water that comes off them, you will be glad you got around to the job!!).

Norfolkandchance1234 Mon 19-Jan-15 00:00:10

White vinegar and water will get rid of the smell. Roughly 10 parts water to the vinegar something like that. I had to get rid of my DD vomit smell in the car this weekend so I guarantee it works.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: