Talk

Advanced search

Bush fridge freezer error message - anyone know how to fix this?

(7 Posts)
Fence555 Sun 11-Jan-15 17:56:49

I know it's unlikely, but I am hoping that someone has seen this message before on their fridge freezer and can tell me what it means and how to fix it.

We had a small power cut and when the power came back on the display just says "ES". This isn't listed anywhere in the user manual, I can't find anything on-line and annoyingly this all happened about 20 mins after the customer helpline closed until tomorrow morning and meanwhile and all our food is slowly warming up sad

It is Bush, model BSBSFFB.

wowfudge Sun 11-Jan-15 22:21:44

Just a thought, is it perhaps E5 and that's why you can't find what it is? Other than that, sorry but I can't help.

PigletJohn Mon 12-Jan-15 01:31:19

it's possible that it is a rebadged Beko.

Can you recognise it on www.beko.co.uk/appliances/refrigerators/american-style-fridge-freezers

Assuming that you can't find the instruction book, and have tried turning it off for half an hour, Beko have a "download manuals" page.

PigletJohn Mon 12-Jan-15 01:39:42

might be

"Protective thermic of the compressor will blow out during sudden power failures or plug-out plugins as the refrigerant pressure in the cooling system of the refrigerator has not been balanced yet.
The refrigerator will start running approximately after 6 minutes. Please call the Authorised Service Agent if the refrigerator does not start at the end of this period."

Fence555 Mon 12-Jan-15 06:05:35

Thank you both!

Wow -that it a really good point and I didn't think of that at all. I will try Googling for E5 too

Piglet -I have looked at that list and although they are similar, our exact style isn't there. We tried keeping the power off for half an hour but with no joy. The quote which you posted does sound like it could be what has happened, so we wouldn't be able to do anything to fix it ourselves

The helpline opens in 3 hours but realistically I doubt they will have an engineer free to come and fix it before the frozen food is ruined, if it isn't already. I am going to take photos before I throw any food away in case we decide to try to claim on the house insurance.

wowfudge Mon 12-Jan-15 06:29:06

If you keep the doors shut, the food will be fine for a surprisingly long time. Could a neighbour or friend put things in their freezer for you at all?

Fence555 Mon 12-Jan-15 18:59:22

DH called the helpline and the next available engineer appointment is a week tomorrow!! He then called Argos who were slightly more helpful. They gave us a tiny in car fridge which is big to put a small bottle of milk and a couple of bits in and our lovely neighbour has put everything else in our fridge and freezer. We have only had to throw out a few bits of meat that we didn't want to take a chance with.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: