Talk

Advanced search

Pretend le cruset, in dishwasher?

(8 Posts)
SaucyMare Sun 04-Jan-15 21:35:26

I purchased one of these from sainsburies. It says to hand wash only.

I want to dishwasher it, any advice

BlueBrightBlue Sun 04-Jan-15 21:54:08

It will rust if you put it in the dishwasher. Any rust spots formed near the enamel will cause it to lift off.
Wash it with just water whilst it's still warm and dry immediately.
Detergent will stop the coating from forming a natural non stick layer ( seasoning ).
BTW I bought the lovely heart shaped pot from Sainsbury's, a steal at £20 ( reduced)

PinkOboe Sun 04-Jan-15 21:58:53

I always dishwash real le creuset. Shouldn't I? It's about 30 years old. I inherited it about 6 years ago. Seems ok so far

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sun 04-Jan-15 22:05:14

I put my enamel oven dishes in the dishwasher. I think that might be why some of the enamel has broken and flaked off.

SaucyMare Sun 04-Jan-15 22:05:26

Thanks

HermioneGrangerHair Sun 04-Jan-15 22:07:24

We dishwash some of ours (replaceable bits): it loses all the shine off the enamel, but not worse than that.

PigletJohn Sun 04-Jan-15 23:04:24

I put my le Creuset in the dwr, yes, some of it has gone dull, especially the insides of favourite pots, but that could be from previous use of metal implements or scouring pads for burnt bits.

I also d/w the iron pan rests off the cooker, they went dull but it takes years. You can polish them up with half a drop of cooking oil on kitchen roll, if you care.

Norfolkandchance1234 Fri 09-Jan-15 01:46:59

I put mine in the dishwasher but will now add a drop of oil as per piglet johns advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now