Talk

Advanced search

anyone fancy a chatty cleaning thread start Monday am ?

(9 Posts)
rainydays4 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:14:57

I've loads to do around the house and could use some motivation and encouragement if anyone would like to join me tomorrow?

Bluecarrot Sun 04-Jan-15 22:19:30

I'd just chat and "forget" to clean! I used to call people on hands free kit on mobile when I'm cleaning ( not vacuuming obv!) and then I can catch up with news and gossip while bring productive. Harder with a baby in tow as I do now. But honestly, time flew in.

rainydays4 Sun 04-Jan-15 22:47:32

Unfortunately every body I know works through the day so can't phone anybody for a chat until around 6pm. DH is working in an area that doesn't get mobile reception so I can't even chat to him (bore him) which I normally do.

Will check back later and see if anybody is joining me.

It gets lonely at home just yourself and baby all day.

rainydays4 Sun 04-Jan-15 22:52:50

Unfortunately every body I know works through the day so can't phone anybody for a chat until around 6pm. DH is working in an area that doesn't get mobile reception so I can't even chat to him (bore him) which I normally do.

Will check back later and see if anybody is joining me.

It gets lonely at home just yourself and baby all day.

VioletandRoger Sun 04-Jan-15 23:57:26

Possibly might be able to join you but it depends on various things. I often chat while cleaning/tidying/DIYing - I put friend on loud speaker and off we go. Alternatively I also listen to talk radio - planning to catch women's hour on radio 4 this Monday which is all about stuff/clutter

pigwitch Mon 05-Jan-15 08:33:10

I'll join you! I've got my 3 Dc's at home today as it's a staff training day at their school so getting anything done is a challenge.

PinkSquash Mon 05-Jan-15 08:42:38

I'll join you, have my DC here and everything is a nightmare as they mess up quicker than I can tidy.

I remember the loneliness of being at home all day with young children flowersbrew

JenniferJen Mon 05-Jan-15 14:14:53

Is this just for today or in general? As I am in the same boat but as I have all 4 at home today for a training day and have had paperwork stuff to sort out, not much is getting done today.

But from tomorrow onwards - I am in! We are trying to declutter the entire house at the moment, which is a challenge with 2 under 2s!

Batmam Mon 05-Jan-15 14:24:06

I'm in, also trying to declutter whole house! How did you get on today OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now