Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning uneven floor tiles

(14 Posts)
Tigerygiraffe Sat 03-Jan-15 15:46:20

We have cream kitchen tiles that have a very uneven surface, lovely to look at but a nightmare to clean. Dirt catches in the grooves and ridges and builds gradually and nothing seems to shift it except a scrubbing brush. And I'm very tired lazy these days so am looking for a magic fix. I use a floor cleaner (any type) but can anyone recommend anything?

Graciescotland Sat 03-Jan-15 15:53:32

No help but watching with interest we have large stone flagstones which are rough and they'll shred mops over time but not really get clean except with a scrubbing brush.

Gatekeeper Mon 05-Jan-15 13:24:13

another one that feels your pain; I have acres of inherited tiles that trap every bit of muck that comes into the house. Watching with hope

TheOnlyWayIsLindt Mon 05-Jan-15 14:39:44

Bumping for you. I was going to start a thread to ask exactly the same question today.

I currently use a Lakeland mop with pads that you throw in the washing machine but it just isn't good enough on textured tiles.

Choccybaby Mon 05-Jan-15 18:50:24

I've the same problem. Was wondering if a steam mop might work - anyone tried one for this?

LadyMcFish Tue 06-Jan-15 13:22:53

Following as I use a steam mop on my uneven kitchen floor tile. But still need to get down on knees to give it a good scrub sad

TheOnlyWayIsLindt Tue 06-Jan-15 14:44:22

LadyMcFish can I ask which one you have so that I can cross it off my list of possible mops to buy?

I'm still hoping that there is a magic steam mop out there that will revolutionise is aspect of my life!

IamTitanium Tue 06-Jan-15 14:46:52

Hands and knees, that's how I do mine.

Jellyrollgumdrop Wed 07-Jan-15 00:02:55

Watching with interest as I've a vax & useless for this problem...

BoffinMum Thu 08-Jan-15 13:28:44

I have a steam cleaner, plus I have just got one of these that comes with a special pad for mopping floors and which might work for in-between wipe rounds so it never has a chance to build up.

Robot Vacuum Cleaner

i think Roomba do a special bespoke floor mopping device that might be worth a look as well.

BoffinMum Thu 08-Jan-15 13:29:32

BTW don't laugh - would pressure washing it with a Karcher work?

IamTitanium Thu 08-Jan-15 13:49:10

Boffin
You would flood you kitchen shock

Quitelikely Thu 08-Jan-15 13:52:40

I feel your pain. Cilit bang (sic?) is the only thing I have found that works without scrubbing and then you have to leave it about fifteen minutes. Then rinse with a mop or steamer.

I would never in a zillion years lay these type of tiles. I hate them!

BoffinMum Thu 08-Jan-15 14:06:49

Pressure wash one end, Vax going at the other? <grabbing at straws>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now