Talk

Advanced search

Rug Doctor - best product to clean carpet

(3 Posts)
sacbina Thu 01-Jan-15 19:44:56

nearly white carpet (chosen before we decided to have kids!) is in a state and needs a clean

apart from the usual kid detritus, there is now all manner of goo after building work moved kitchen into lounge.......

what's the best thing that's going to get it at least vaguely cleaner. have read on here about using Persil. is this true? anything else??
thank you

wowfudge Fri 02-Jan-15 11:34:56

I've used Persil Small and Mighty bio - half a dosing ball thing (comes with it) to 9L of water. Much, much cheaper than Rugdoctor's own detergent. But I wonder if you would be better off using a professional carpet cleaning service for a really good result.

Artistic Fri 02-Jan-15 13:58:00

I have used Vanish carpet cleaning powder..just sprinkle, brush in, leave for a while & vacuum. Decent results. Managed to get back the clean look of carpets before we handed back to the landlord. Anyways, it's cheap & easy so worth a try before you try more expensive/difficult ways.

There is a complimentary spray by vanish for tough spots that works alongside the powder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now