Talk

Advanced search

How to sort laundry

(7 Posts)
Star21 Tue 30-Dec-14 22:43:15

So, I put all of the dark washing in one load, all of the whites together, all of the light coloured clothes in another wash, what should I do with that annoying navy and white striped item? If I put it in with the dark washing the white stripes go grey but if I put in with the whites I worry the rest of the white washing goes grey. School PE tops are the worst for this being a mixture of white and navy so they always end up grey. What do you do?

magimedi Tue 30-Dec-14 23:08:24

Chuck it all in with either & stop worrying about it.

Life is to short for this to make you anxious.

Mrsgrumble Tue 30-Dec-14 23:14:50

I wear a lot of white and navy and I wash these on their own with a colour catcher (half of one) Cool wash

Everything else just sort into two. whites with whites and coloured wash

itssangriaoclock Tue 30-Dec-14 23:20:12

I have several tops like this usually wash with whites.

Star21 Tue 30-Dec-14 23:23:16

Magimedi, my kids are always the ones at sports day in the greying PE kit whilst everyone else's is brilliant white and navy! Not getting overly anxious just feeling slightly inadequate on the laundry front!

EBearhug Tue 30-Dec-14 23:24:54

If it's navy, I'd chuck it in with the whites - they used to use blue in white washing anyway.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluing_%28fabric%29

AhoyMcCoy Tue 30-Dec-14 23:27:10

Whites.

Anything with stripes with white in goes in the whites. Logic being that if the 'coloured' stripe was going to run into the White stripe, it would run into the White if you washed the top in a wash on its own. But it doesn't run if washed on its own, so won't run in a white wash either. Always worked for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now