Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mattress topper: memory foam or latex?

(8 Posts)
clarella Sun 28-Dec-14 07:27:12

I'm in lots of pain these days, hoping it'll get better but thinking it's here to stay!

I partially cosleep and if I'm every well enough to have #2 I will be doing so again for both bf and laziness the pain.

I was initially thinking of an ikea topper, then found zonesleep ones then found this from a mn thread for toddler beds //http://www.yanismattresses.co.uk/products/toppers/latex_toppers/1037/organic_latex_topper_small_single_75x190cm.html//

Prices are hiking with my research! Any experience or advice?

Woodenheart Sun 28-Dec-14 07:37:52

Im prob not much help, but is it back pain?

Latex get very hot and make you sweat, I don't think you would sleep well being so hot, and especially with co-sleeping. ( I co-sleep )

Maybe memory foam would be better? Personally I would go into a bed shop and ask - even if you don't buy it, just say you need time to think about it wink

I think if its back pain then you wont want anything too soft.

Woodenheart Sun 28-Dec-14 07:40:39

www.dunelm-mill.com/info/mattresses-and-mattress-toppers

clarella Sun 28-Dec-14 08:14:19

Thanks wooden!

Yes sort of, it's been a bit like fibromyalgia, back pain but also restless-leg-like in my upper back. Awaiting a rheumatology referral. Am hypothyroid but it doesn't appear to be that.

Thing is, everything I read is saying memory foam is hotter?

And the thread I found suggesting the v expensive organic topper for a toddler made the point that things like memory foam are treated with flame retardant nasty stuff and is not breathableblush

Just wonders if the latex ones are comfy for my aches and tender body?!

clarella Mon 29-Dec-14 09:11:19

Bump!

sacbina Mon 29-Dec-14 23:04:35

latex doesn't make you hot, memory foam does.

we have latex, it's luurvly. just takes the edge off the hardness of a mattress. so much so I hate sleeping anywhere else.

clarella Tue 30-Dec-14 07:52:32

Thanks Sacbina, after an awful night of aching I'm going to have to do something about our mattress. It's around 10 now anyway grin

macnab Wed 31-Dec-14 10:56:00

Our inlaws spent a silly amount of money on a memory foam mattress for their guest bedroom. I dread going to stay there because it is so unbearably hot in the bed! So for that reason I will stay clear of all things memory foam! Definitely try one first if you can, maybe a more traditional topper would be better (or even another duvet under the sheet!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now