Talk

Advanced search

Dishwasher help - Pigletjohn? Anyone?

(6 Posts)
FestiveRoad Fri 26-Dec-14 17:57:20

DM has a Miele HG01 G663 dishwasher.

It starts to work and then stops and the inlet/outlet fault light flashes.

DH Has cleaned all the filters inside the machine. He has pulled the machine out, disconnected the water inlet pipe and soaked the inlet filter housing on the end in vinegar.

Any ideas gratefully received! (Before we call an engineer)

PigletJohn Fri 26-Dec-14 19:02:14

the flexible grey outlet hose: could it be blocked where it attaches to the waste pipe or sink trap?

Sometimes there is a gauze filter at both ends of the inlet hose. They can be winkled out to clean.

You have been using salt per the instructions?

If the lamp is flashing a particular number of times, then repeating the same number of flashes, this may indicate a fault listed in the instruction book.

FestiveRoad Fri 26-Dec-14 20:45:30

Thanks for your help PigletJohn.

The grey outlet hose is clear as far as we can tell. There is no visible blockage in the valve end of the hose and we have soaked it in vinegar for some time in case it was clogged with scale (v.hard water area).

Definitely been using salt and have adjusted machine to local hard water. We are used to doing this as the water is so hard.

The fault light is flashing regularly, but not a particular amount of times. Can't find any reference to different types of flashing in the manual on this model.

It's a real puzzle. I guess we will have to get someone in.

TooMuchCantBreathe Fri 26-Dec-14 21:03:37

This worked on mine, no idea about different machines etc but could be worth a try?

Pull machine out. Tilt to thefront (after putting lots of towels down. The tilt back, then on to each corner. At some point you may find lots of water coming out. Keep tilting etc until it stops. Replace machine, see if it works.

Apparently it's something to do with opening the door when the machine is running? Anyway, it worked on my Miele so thought I'd mention it! smile

FestiveRoad Fri 26-Dec-14 21:07:01

Thanks TMCB! I'll tell dh.

PigletJohn Sat 27-Dec-14 10:14:01

Good idea. That happens when the drip tray underneath has filled up after a leak, so the machine still needs repair to fix the leak.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now