Talk

Advanced search

Washing machine recommendations

(10 Posts)
ElviraCondomine Thu 25-Dec-14 23:14:25

After 10 years of sterling service my Dyson washing machine has finally got to the point where it can't be repaired economically (as Dyson no longer service them.) So I am now looking for a large drum machine that is fairly flexible with programmes: what I loved about the Dyson was the lack of set programmes and the ability to choose temp, spin speed etc individually.

We previously had a fairly basic Bosch that was great but that's a long time ago.

My main problem however is money. Having coughed up the best part of £1,000 for the Dyson all those years ago, I'm not in a position to pay anything like that now, sadly (I could justify it when I had a baby in cloth nappies!)

At the moment I'm thinking in terms of one of the cheaper Bosch models, maybe the Exxcel Vario Perfect 8 kg which is around £400.

But does anyone have any other ideas? I'm open minded on make etc.

Willdoitinaminute Thu 25-Dec-14 23:19:31

Miele in the sales they really do last forever. We have basic one and it has more than enough functions. Failing that a Bosch with the highest spin speed you can afford. The drier you get them in the spin cycle the less time/energy they take to dry.

madwomanacrosstheroad Thu 25-Dec-14 23:25:37

Yes, miele or Bosch/neff/siemens. Just make sure it is one of the "made in germany" machines. personally I would go faster r less programmes and a miele. I have a miele vacuum, dish washer and washing machine, all quite old now and never any trouble and we are a big family.

ElviraCondomine Thu 25-Dec-14 23:42:33

I'd love a Miele but just can't afford one, sadly. The Dyson was a major major purchase (£1,000) and I just don't have that sort of money.

The Bosch is looking quite likely at the moment.

LL12 Fri 26-Dec-14 09:35:38

I love my Siemens washing machine,

Snog Fri 26-Dec-14 16:09:15

AEG from John Lewis has been good for me - around £400

Trazzletoes Fri 26-Dec-14 18:06:12

We have a Bosch. It was like a revelation after years of crappy machines.

nightswift Fri 26-Dec-14 18:18:01

My Bosch took forever to wash clothes ( hours per wash) and the quick cycle only worked at 30c. My Vanussi is wonderful - all main programmes can be turned into a quick wash but they still retain the 1400 spins - 40 c takes 50 mins and 60 1 hour. I always use these washes and clothes are always clean. On a sunny day i can get 3 large load washed in a morning and up on the line - can you tell i love it! Was ~£350 in JL a few years ago.

wowfudge Fri 26-Dec-14 22:04:00

We have a Beko which takes a large load and you can vary the temperature and spin speeds for the programmes. I've been really pleased with it. It cost about £250 four years ago.

fussychica Sat 27-Dec-14 17:41:54

My AEG is a star - just having kitchen done but not replacing it. It has variable everything so I just make up my own programmes grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now