Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you remove iron-on labels?

(7 Posts)
ElphabaTheGreen Wed 24-Dec-14 06:22:09

Upon nursery's request, I dutifully labelled my PFB's clothes with fantastic, lovingly purchased personalised iron-on labels. Honestly - can't fault them. Clear as a bell and as securely attached now after multiple washes as the day I bought them...

...fast forward to DS2 outgrowing same clothes and I'm kicking myself because I can't put them on eBay or in a charity bin with DS1's full name and my phone number clearly emblazoned on them. fangry

Does anyone have any idea if it's possible to get them off and still leave the clothes useable??

Thanks in advance! smile

pebblepots Wed 24-Dec-14 06:24:02

Iron them to melt the glue then peel off?

PigletInABlanketJohn Wed 24-Dec-14 09:43:03

If that fails, use Stabilo or Swan "multi surface" marker pens to block out your details. They look like a fibre tip pen with a silver barrel and really are permanent. They will even write on glass as well.

ElphabaTheGreen Wed 24-Dec-14 13:47:24

Great - I'll give one/both of those a go. Thanks! fsmile

Theselittlelightsofmine Wed 24-Dec-14 14:14:49

I can normally just rip mine off it leaves behind one layer of white strip but all details removed.

ElphabaTheGreen Wed 24-Dec-14 18:52:50

No - these have practically become one with the fabric confused I'll take the iron to them when I'm doing the Christmas tablecloth.

ElphabaTheGreen Wed 24-Dec-14 20:47:10

Ironing welds them on even more.

If you ever need to avoid a completely permanent name tag, I can highly recommend www.mynametags.com. I must say, their personalised name stickers for lunchboxes, bottles etc are immovable in a dishwasher but can actually be peeled off. The iron-on labels however...fshock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now