Talk

Advanced search

Is it worth waiting for the Jan sales to buy a Dyson/Miele vacuum cleaner?

(8 Posts)
JimbosJetSet Mon 22-Dec-14 19:09:46

Vacuum cleaner died yesterday. I'm tempted to rush out and buy a shiny new vacuum cleaner (after reading various threads on here, I think I'd like to splash out on a Miele or Dyson or Sebo). Do expensive vacuum cleaners find their way into the sales though? Should I just deal with dirty floors for a couple of weeks in the hope of getting a bargain? Thanks

Sychnant Tue 23-Dec-14 12:10:35

I just got my Dyson DC40 Animal from the Dyson Outlet on Ebay. It's reconditioned, but you'd not know to look at it, and it has a 3 year guarantee. Was £220. smile

It seems Dysons don't always get good reviews on here, but I'm a Cleaner, and 2 of my clients have this model, and I knew I liked it. They seem to last well as long as you clean and de-dust them regularly smile

JimbosJetSet Tue 23-Dec-14 15:39:59

Thank you for your advice!

PigletInABlanketJohn Thu 25-Dec-14 07:21:25

if you go to the Debenhams website, and search "S8390" you may still find they have that model at "half-price." It is the "Silent" model

It did not come up when I searched Vacuum, Electrical, Cylinder, Miele, so it has probably been mis-classified on their system, which might be why they have not sold out.

It was a Which Best Buy, and is not one of their latest C1/C2/C3 models, it was introduced in July 2012 so perhaps it was reduced as a "last year's model" but it does have the 1200W efficient motor.

PigletInABlanketJohn Thu 25-Dec-14 07:26:55

ah, they have incorrectly classified it as "handheld" not "cylinder"

I've ordered mine.

PigletInABlanketJohn Thu 25-Dec-14 08:00:02

ha ha, that webpage crashed within half an hour of my post!

rabbit123 Fri 26-Dec-14 21:25:45

Miele and Sebo for definite. Avoid Dyson.

PigletJohn Mon 29-Dec-14 16:37:44

well, it arrived today, pretty good I think. If you have a Debehams Store Card you may get an extra 10% off for the next day or so. It is white, not blue.

See www.mumsnet.com/reviews/household-appliances/vacuum-cleaners/18567-miele-s8-silence-plus-ecoline-allergy-vacuum-cleaner#review_31367

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now