Advanced search

Is it worth waiting for the Jan sales to buy a Dyson/Miele vacuum cleaner?

(8 Posts)
JimbosJetSet Mon 22-Dec-14 19:09:46

Vacuum cleaner died yesterday. I'm tempted to rush out and buy a shiny new vacuum cleaner (after reading various threads on here, I think I'd like to splash out on a Miele or Dyson or Sebo). Do expensive vacuum cleaners find their way into the sales though? Should I just deal with dirty floors for a couple of weeks in the hope of getting a bargain? Thanks

Sychnant Tue 23-Dec-14 12:10:35

I just got my Dyson DC40 Animal from the Dyson Outlet on Ebay. It's reconditioned, but you'd not know to look at it, and it has a 3 year guarantee. Was £220. smile

It seems Dysons don't always get good reviews on here, but I'm a Cleaner, and 2 of my clients have this model, and I knew I liked it. They seem to last well as long as you clean and de-dust them regularly smile

JimbosJetSet Tue 23-Dec-14 15:39:59

Thank you for your advice!

PigletInABlanketJohn Thu 25-Dec-14 07:21:25

if you go to the Debenhams website, and search "S8390" you may still find they have that model at "half-price." It is the "Silent" model

It did not come up when I searched Vacuum, Electrical, Cylinder, Miele, so it has probably been mis-classified on their system, which might be why they have not sold out.

It was a Which Best Buy, and is not one of their latest C1/C2/C3 models, it was introduced in July 2012 so perhaps it was reduced as a "last year's model" but it does have the 1200W efficient motor.

PigletInABlanketJohn Thu 25-Dec-14 07:26:55

ah, they have incorrectly classified it as "handheld" not "cylinder"

I've ordered mine.

PigletInABlanketJohn Thu 25-Dec-14 08:00:02

ha ha, that webpage crashed within half an hour of my post!

rabbit123 Fri 26-Dec-14 21:25:45

Miele and Sebo for definite. Avoid Dyson.

PigletJohn Mon 29-Dec-14 16:37:44

well, it arrived today, pretty good I think. If you have a Debehams Store Card you may get an extra 10% off for the next day or so. It is white, not blue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now