Talk

Advanced search

Actifry??

(8 Posts)
ifancyagreencard Mon 22-Dec-14 11:02:54

Have won £100 of JL vouchers (nice). We're debating whether to get an Actifry. Worth it? Or will it be another breadmaker and reside in the cupboard after a few weeks?

ilovepowerhoop Mon 22-Dec-14 17:19:40

we bought the delonghi multifry (much the same as the actifry) and it seems quite good. It is less smelly than a fryer but takes quite a long time to cook things (have only really done home made chips so far though).

pressone Mon 22-Dec-14 20:14:53

It takes up a lot of room in the cupboard and the lid breaks easily (lots of complaints on Amazon about it. Even though it claims to do lots of things I have only ever done chips in it despite owning it for a year.

Gave it to the men at the tip for their office and replaced it with a Phillips Airfry. Have done jacket spuds, chips and reheated stuff from the takeaway that had gone cold en route (I do cook really, just not this week!)

RufusTheReindeer Mon 22-Dec-14 20:17:36

I've had mine for a few years and love the chips.

I don't do anything else with it but my friend uses it to cook all sorts of things including some sort of Turkey red pepper thing which is now their family favourite

FrostNixon Tue 30-Dec-14 13:18:01

We bought one of these two years ago. We think it is fantastic.

Last night we served up restaurant quality fish, chips and peas.

You can use all the healthy oils and it's worth a bit of an experiment.

Easy to use. Easy to clean. For us, it wasn't another bread maker etc.

(But we use our bread maker all the time!)

Homemade and home cooked beats and saves on eating out - every time.

HoHoHappyHolidays Tue 30-Dec-14 15:27:42

Do you already have a sandwich maker? That is a big hit in our house smile

HoHoHappyHolidays Tue 30-Dec-14 15:27:53

*toasted sandwich

ContentedSidewinder Tue 30-Dec-14 16:45:03

We have an actifry and use it every week. We upgraded to the larger family one when our last one died from over-use.

I use it for chips and doing roast potatoes. I have in the past cooked other things in it but not anymore.

I chop baby potatoes in half and cook those (ends up with a wrinkly skin, slightly crispy on the cut bit but mainly squidgy, I make homemade chips, no peeling, washed and straight through a chipper, I peel potatoes and make roast potatoes etc. You just use different oils and makes of potato to get a different sort of chip. You just have to experiment.

My friend wondered about it so I made a batch of chips for us so she could see how easy it was.

We have had one for about 6 years, and a breadmaker that I use to make dough every week! Breadmaker on unit, actifry in a cupboard but it is heavy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now