Talk

Advanced search

has anyone done this - carpet cleaner related.

(11 Posts)
SeashellHoarder Sun 21-Dec-14 11:40:21

Before I make potentially an expensive mistake, has anyone used zoflora or similar in their carpet cleaner?
Disclaimer - I am not sure I'm thinking straight here.

Imnotaslimjim Sun 21-Dec-14 11:50:07

I haven't, but is there any disclaimer on the bottle about test patching before use? If so I wouldn't chance it

RobotRuthy Sun 21-Dec-14 11:53:10

I put a few drops in my steamer as, although I know it's clean I want it to smell clean. Why don't you water it down in a spray bottle and spray it afterwards?

SeashellHoarder Sun 21-Dec-14 11:55:26

We have a new house where the carpets are filthy. I have done 2 cleans, but I want to disinfect the carpet as well.

Chumhum Sun 21-Dec-14 11:55:29

Yes, I have with no problems I used the same dilution the instructions give for general cleaning.

RobotRuthy Sun 21-Dec-14 12:22:46

What about buying in someone with a professional machine? May be a little expensive but will start the ball rolling?

SeashellHoarder Sun 21-Dec-14 19:58:07

Thank you for the responses. I will patch test first.

wowfudge Sun 21-Dec-14 22:26:28

There are lots of recommendations on here to use Persil Small and Mighty in Rugdoctor machines and I've done it myself successfully - the perfume in the Persil made it all smell clean and fresh. Could work in other machines too.

Mini05 Sun 21-Dec-14 22:49:44

Are those rug doctor machines easy to use? Can you see the difference if carpet as got stains on it?

RobotRuthy Sun 21-Dec-14 23:30:18

Yes they are better than the 'domestic' machines Mini05. You also have to think about getting the water out quickly as it separates the carpet backing if you overdo it. You can get wrinkles in your carpet. (experience)

wowfudge Mon 22-Dec-14 09:06:47

I've been really pleased with Rug Doctor machines when I've hired them. Recently I used one to clean a mid brown but very dirty (think lots of heavy foot traffic and something spilled which had left a large mark) living room carpet in a house a tenant had left filthy. It came up like new. Pure wool carpet over ten years old with separate underlay. Just don't have the water hot on wool carpet. In the same house it actually got out a stain which I couldn't shift about four years ago using their special stain remover in a bedroom. I used Persil Small and Mighty instead of buying the expensive Rug Doctor detergent.

I also recently used one at home to refresh a carpet and wish I'd used Persil - I wasn't too impressed by their pet stain and odour removing detergent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now