Talk

Advanced search

Help me get my house sorted!

(12 Posts)
judypoops Wed 17-Dec-14 18:52:47

Hi, could anyone please link me to the flylady(?) thread about how to get your house sorted in a hurry when you've got visitors coming who you've known about for ages but been sticking your head in the sand
Thanks in advance

Mrsgrumble Wed 17-Dec-14 18:55:53

When are they coming judy?

Can you so the black bag for charity shop and one for the dump and set the timer now and see can you fill them grin

Get off mumnset and just do it!!! Have one of these first for energy brew cake

Off you go ...

judypoops Wed 17-Dec-14 19:01:13

Sunday fblush

Ok that'll be the task for tonight once the dcs are in bed. Thanks Mrs

judypoops Thu 18-Dec-14 09:59:12

I'm getting quite a lot done actually, I just need a bit of structure or I faff and flap!

bookwormbeagle Thu 18-Dec-14 10:20:25

What's your timescale before they arrive? And are they staying over? If not sleeping at yours do you have a spare bedroom you could put clutter, eg clothes to be laundered/ironed, books, magazines etc.

Concentrate on toilets, bathrooms, kitchen and main sitting area, anything else is a bonus wink

Set your timer for 15 mins and grab a binbag, clear all surface clutter then when the timers up reassess. All cups, plates etc to kitchen and wash up. Kettle on and make a brew. While drinking walk from the front door around the house and check from dusty skirting boards, tables etc.

bookwormbeagle Thu 18-Dec-14 10:20:52

Apologies for typos and appalling grammar! shock

judypoops Thu 18-Dec-14 10:31:27

fsmile
Thank you bookworm that's really helpful, I have until Sunday, but am out Saturday and Sunday morning so really just have today and tomorrow!
We don't have a spare room but could chuck it all in our bedroom and hope nobody looks in there.
Ok, so 15 minutes at a time then reassess. Bin bags, check. Just trying to get baby down for a nap and then I'm off! Thanks flowers

TheYuletideMovement Thu 18-Dec-14 10:41:03

www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/flying-lessons/crisis-cleaning/
This is what you are looking for.

judypoops Thu 18-Dec-14 10:45:38

Thanks yuletide, will have a look while baby plays 'fight the sleep because mummy has work to do'!

bookwormbeagle Fri 19-Dec-14 12:24:12

How are you getting on judy? Made any headway?

judypoops Sun 21-Dec-14 22:50:34

Sorry bookworm! Been so busy. You all really helped me the other day so thank you all. I have done every room in the house apart from our bedroom, which isn't even too bad now. I just needed those specific instructions or I would have been running around panicking and then gone and had a bath or something hmm
I have been quite ruthless and recycled and chucked out a lot!

judypoops Sun 21-Dec-14 22:52:17

Oh and visitors arrived and everything! Was great to get it all sorted out without the panic flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now