Talk

Advanced search

What do you keep dishwasher tablets in?

(10 Posts)
Sleepyfergus Wed 17-Dec-14 09:34:11

Total 1st world problem. I tend to get the big bumper bag of fairy liquid tabs (or whatever's on offer) and the bags sits on the worktop above the dishwasher. Not attractive and danger of them getting soggy as next to sink and them all clumping together into a monster tab.

I have thought about putting them in a lock canister things but not pretty to look at. Keeping them under the sink not an option as DD2 can open those canister things.

So was thinking of a nice ceramic pot with a lid. What do you guys do?

NanooCov Wed 17-Dec-14 09:36:11

In the bag in a Plastic crate on top of the fridge freezer along with the other detergents and stuff.

AlphaBravoHenryFoxtons Wed 17-Dec-14 09:41:07

In the bag they come in, in the cupboard under the sink.

NancyJones Wed 17-Dec-14 09:42:29

Exactly the same as Alpha!

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Wed 17-Dec-14 09:43:08

In the box they came in, under the sink. Which had a child lock on it when the DCs were little, they didn't manage to get into it ever.

PigletInABlanketJohn Wed 17-Dec-14 09:49:59

You are using the tabs with the soluble wrapper, which does not withstand damp.

I usually use Aldi tabs (a Which best buy) which still have a tear-open plastic wrapper, which does not suffer from damp.

Otherwise you could put them in a wall cabinet away from your steamy dishwasher, kettle and sink.

Sleepyfergus Wed 17-Dec-14 16:47:47

Thanks all, ended up buying a cheapie canister (for coffee/tea/sugar) to store them in which sits on the counter above the dwasher. Looks alright, does the job!

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Wed 17-Dec-14 16:55:20

Do you have small children op? If so I'd be wary of keeping non foodstuffs in food containers.

<remembers traumatizing episode of something like casualty involving a lemonade bottle and bleach>

Iristutu Wed 17-Dec-14 18:26:11

In click. Lock plastic tub under sink.

BL00CowWonders Fri 19-Dec-14 05:02:31

I use a glass jar (either ikea or an old coffee jar) so i can see what's inside. Small dc can't manage to open them. Because the packs are just too huge to have around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now