Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sink gurgling ... Help please

(7 Posts)
thoughtsbecomethings Tue 16-Dec-14 11:31:50

After using my washing machine my kitchen sink gurgles and often water from the washing machine comes up the plug hole! Any DIY tips or do i need to call plumber ??grin

PigletInABlanketJohn Tue 16-Dec-14 15:00:13

has it always done this since the house was built, or has it come on recently?

If always, probably bad pipe layout.

If recent, probably a partial blockage. Use a sink plunger or pump, and washing soda crystals, and never allow anyone to pour oil or fat down the sink.

thoughtsbecomethings Tue 16-Dec-14 15:21:39

Thank you piglet. It's a recent problem. But still after using soda crystals etc it's still making noises, now even when washing isn't on ???

apotatoprintinapeartree Tue 16-Dec-14 15:29:21

Hello OP

We had this and turned out our drains were blocked.
It cost us £60 to have them cleared as they kept filling up after dh had done it with rods.
It materialised we had a huge drain buried in front garden (1930's) semi, that the drain bloke had never seen before in all his working life.

Every week I use a mix of white vinegar and bicarbonate of soda, down plug holes, drains and washing machine.

White wine 3 tablespoons in the liquid dispenser and bicarb in the powder drawer, cleans it a treat and removes pongs.

PigletInABlanketJohn Tue 16-Dec-14 17:10:55

time to buy a plunger or (better) sink pump.

thoughtsbecomethings Tue 16-Dec-14 17:14:04

Off to B&Q!! me thinks !! Thanks for advice and comments

kippersmum Thu 18-Dec-14 11:21:24

Check your drains outside, lift the manhole covers up. When we had this it turned out we had a collapsed drain sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now