Talk

Advanced search

Are our cleaners taking the piss?

(10 Posts)
Bumpedbonce Mon 15-Dec-14 21:56:33

I'm not sure if we've got off on the wrong foot or if I'm just expecting too much. I've never had cleaners before but I got to the stage of getting overwhelmed with the house. There is a franchise locally that normally has good reviews, I called them explained things and they were incredibly friendly and charming on the phone. I booked a one off deep clean then a 3 hour clean every 2 weeks.

The deep clean they asked that I put the oven cleaner on the night before which I did. I had explained that I had a very large dog, they said that they would send people that could cope with him being in his own house. The cleaners arrived two hours late, only one of the three could speak English, so all communication had to be through one person. They are terrified of the dog so I spent the whole time they were here moving him away from where they were and putting him in the garden even though the weather was not good. The kitchen was not properly clean, there was still grease on cupboard doors, a couple of dishes were broken without them saying anything. The shower tray was still dirty. I had changed the bed linen myself. Due to them being so late it messed up my plans for that day. I'd booked a shopping delivery and we were going for a weekend away but it all felt a bit rushed.

I had been told the office staff would call to book the appointment for today. I had already paid £55 for 3hrs cleaning in advance, they never called, I chased them up and they had no record. They said they would get a team to me today between 12 and 1. They turned up at 1.30, I had someone coming at 2. Again they were scared of the dog. I asked them to do the communal areas. They have cleaned my ensuite, leaving the tray dirty again, wiped the kitchen down, hoovered the dining table leaving cup rings on it, and the downstairs toilet. The living room has been half done, the main bathroom has not been touched after I had asked them to leave the ensuite and do the main and they haven't hoovered. I've complained and they are to come back tomorrow.

Am I expecting too much?

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 15-Dec-14 22:02:54

Take the dog out when they come. Surely it gets walked? Walk it then.

Other than that I don't think yabu. They should be on time, know what they are doing and do things properly. They also shouldn't keep quiet if they break things.

Corygal Mon 15-Dec-14 22:04:39

No. Use another agency or, better, ask everyone you know if they have a decent cleaner.

Mintyy Mon 15-Dec-14 22:08:12

Yanbu. All of that is really bad.

cansu Mon 15-Dec-14 22:09:05

55 for three hours is ridiculous especially if the place isn't bloody sparkling clean at the end of the time. I pay 10 an hour to a local lady and whilst it isn't perfect it is certainly better value for money than what you have paid. Seriously find someone yourself.

Bumpedbonce Mon 15-Dec-14 22:32:47

Like I said moving today was only the second time they'd come, I didn't think it a good idea to leave them here just yet and my youngest was sleeping but maybe I will take him out tomorrow. I did explain to the owner of the franchise again today that when I say a large dog I mean person size so hopefully she will take him into account tomorrow. I don't know anyone else using cleaners at the moment but I will ask about

hifi Mon 15-Dec-14 22:58:08

3 hours cleaning by 3 cleaners is 9 hours worth £55 is very cheap. Although the standard doesn't sound very good. You may have to walk them through what you want in more detail. I would remove the dog, not everyone likes them.

Bumpedbonce Mon 15-Dec-14 23:52:24

Today it was 3 cleaners for one hour

Bumpedbonce Tue 16-Dec-14 09:16:41

They came back this morning to redo what they had missed yesterday. I had been up all night and was getting dressed in my room with the door shut. Even though they had been told that one of them still walked in on me. Still pissedoff

AgentAlice Tue 16-Dec-14 11:42:23

It sounds like a complete fiasco! I would chalk it up to bad luck and ask around again for recommendations.

My friends cleaner is so good that she used to have a waiting list! She was an independent lady, not part of a chain or anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now