Talk

Advanced search

Room sprays for the bedrooms. Any recommendations?

(33 Posts)
Wineorcider Sun 14-Dec-14 15:04:11

Basically, anything that makes the bedrooms smell nice and feminine,
perfum-y but not too overpowering? And in a nice bottle if possible to keep in the bedroom? Also, a long lasting smell? Sorry if its a tall order.

Obviously, I don't want to use my own perfume, but feel the bedroom just needs that femine smell as part of the finishing touch after cleaning. Any recommendations welcome smile

Bunbaker Sun 14-Dec-14 15:06:22

I'm not a fan of room sprays. I just open the windows instead.

Jazzicatz Sun 14-Dec-14 15:09:45

Crabtree and Evelyn do a lovely lavender laundry spray that goes onto beds, I spray it around the room also

Wolfiefan Sun 14-Dec-14 15:09:47

Room sprays give me asthma. Open the window. Sorry.

Shesparkles Sun 14-Dec-14 15:10:46

Open the windows, room sprays are just artificial chemicals. Nothing smells better than fresh air

TInselaffe Sun 14-Dec-14 15:12:20

Agree. I did buy a White Company rose room spray when I was renting an overnight place for work last year as no amount of cleaning or opening windows got rid of the ingrained fusty smell (my housemate was a bit minging, hence I no longer live there!). I still use it occasionally in winter when I don't want to heat the garden and it's very nice - only need one spray so it's lasted over a year now for one bottle.

PigletInABlanketJohn Sun 14-Dec-14 16:08:54

I have known people use Body Spray which can be quite nice, you can squirt it in the airing cupboard or linen drawers if there is nobody else in the house..

There are a few Aldi and Lidl fragrances "based on" famous names

www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/Cheap-perfume#smell-alike

NoelleHawthorne Sun 14-Dec-14 16:20:41

someone is ASKING for a room spray reccy! and people come on to say she doesnt want one hmm

NoelleHawthorne Sun 14-Dec-14 16:23:20

what about something like this?
uk.loccitane.com/verbena-perfumed-sachet,83,1,29793,270568.htm#s=29867

Purpleflamingos Sun 14-Dec-14 16:23:56

Crabtree and Evelyn used to do a nice rose one. Or one called summer hill I think. It's been a few years. Have you thought of a scented candle?

hissingcat Sun 14-Dec-14 20:29:44

febreze do a nice bedroom spray called milk and honey.

meglet Sun 14-Dec-14 20:35:06

Open the window instead. Room spray or air fresheners always make me think the room isn't clean <shudder>. It's horrible having to breathe in scent.

RainyLion Sun 14-Dec-14 21:18:02

the white company scent Seychelles is really lovely

NoelleHawthorne Sun 14-Dec-14 22:02:24

THE OP WANTS SCENT!

HopeClearwater Tue 16-Dec-14 16:51:00

'feminine'???

sanfairyanne Tue 16-Dec-14 18:46:18

check they dont have cancer causing chemicals in them first

echt Thu 18-Dec-14 08:53:52

Crabtree and Evelyn's Summer Hill is good.

Be careful where you use a spray. I used Summer Hill in the bathroom/toilet, so inevitably it became associated with the smell of shit and became unusable elsewhere in the house, though I rarely spray outside the bathroom. The same thing happened with baby wipes for me. There are sound physical reasons for the power of pongs to evoke memory.

If you use a spray in the bog, do not use it elsewhere.

Open windows are always best, but sometimes a pleasant smell is, well, pleasant.

Loula117 Thu 18-Dec-14 15:41:36

I have a Kenneth Turner rose one I got from TK Maxx ages ago. It's a spray but subtle - it's the equivalent of squirting some perfume on yourself, not filling your bedroom with a cheap aerosol for the loo like some people seem to be thinking!

wowfudge Thu 18-Dec-14 16:16:53

I don't think Crabtree & Evelyn make "cheap aerosol for the loo". Echt makes a very valid point.

larryphilanddave Fri 19-Dec-14 01:11:18

Jo Malone does nice room sprays, the scents I've smelled are long lasting and subtle, not an air freshener type smell, but I can't remember the names of them. I also like some of the Body Shop room sprays, plus they're cheaper than Jo Malone, the Aloe & Linen has a nice fresh smell, the Frangipani is more floral but not too strong. and the Vanilla & Tonka has a nice warmth without being too sweet - imo, of course, but they do others and they're easy enough to smell if you have a store nearby.

We open the windows every day but I've always liked nice room sprays smile

BlahBlahYeahYeah Fri 19-Dec-14 02:08:35

Why should the op have to be told a dozen times over to 'open a window' when she wants a ROOM SPRAY.

Ffs! Only on mn

magpieginglebells Fri 19-Dec-14 04:03:46

Laughing at the 'open the window' answers, especially the one when they say it gives them asthma. Guessing the OP shouldn't use the spray just on the off chance they come to stay....

butterfliesinmytummy Fri 19-Dec-14 04:05:22

Neals yard calming room spray is absolutely gorgeous (rose based), plus no toxins or synthetic fragrances.

tiredvommachine Fri 19-Dec-14 04:09:18

Avon do some lovely ones and they are only a pound! Bargain!

Tobagostreet Fri 19-Dec-14 04:45:42

RainyLion hit the mark. The White company Seychelles is beautiful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now