Talk

Advanced search

Kenwood mini chopper

(14 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Sat 13-Dec-14 10:50:22

Does any Mumsnetter have one ?
What do you use it for?
Does it do breadcrumbs?
I have a ginormous Bosch food processor which I never use as I don't cook much.
It cost me a fortune and I'm cross with myself for buying it.
It's such a palaver getting it out of the box with all it's bits. smile

Riverland Sat 13-Dec-14 14:47:11

I have one. I use it for garlic. Onion. Herbs. Tomatoes. Salad dressing with tahini and yoghurt.

Have never tried it for breadcrumbs. I keep it out on the worktop. I also keep my blender out though. I find if I put things away I'm too lazy to use them!

thoughtsbecomethings Sat 13-Dec-14 14:48:24

Great for breadcrumbs !

hollyisalovelyname Sat 13-Dec-14 16:16:49

Thank you.
My Bosch has so many bits if I put the box on the counter top I'd have a tiny amount of work space left. smile

hollyisalovelyname Sat 13-Dec-14 16:20:44

Thank you.
My Bosch has so many bits if I put the box on the counter top I'd have a tiny amount of work space left. smile

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Sat 13-Dec-14 16:23:40

I rarely use mine, it's too small for most things, unless the design has changed, I've had it about 10 years. Use it for curry pastes, pesto, that's about it. I've got a Kenwood Prospero stand mixer with a medium sized FP attachment, I use that a lot more as it sits on the counter (the attachment is in the cupboard above)

lolalotta Mon 15-Dec-14 18:18:06

I love mine and would replace straight away if it were to break. I use it for chopping onion, garlic, chilli, pesto, breadcrumbs, carrots, celery... I think that's it! grin

Artura Tue 16-Dec-14 21:49:59

Have gone through two now, thought I'd been unlucky with the first, so bought a second. Both broke quickly trying to do nothing more than making hummus or pesto. Had much more success with the chopping attachment on my handblender. Save your cash!

happygonicky Tue 16-Dec-14 22:29:07

I use mine at least once a day and still going strong. Can't recommend highly enough!

ToTheMoonAndStars Tue 16-Dec-14 22:32:39

I love mine and use it all the time!

Breadcrumbs, cutting onions, making hummus. Anything really. Really easy to just pop it into the dishwasher too. One of my fave kitchen gadgets!

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Tue 16-Dec-14 22:59:17

Have you all got a different one to me? You'd have a job getting a quartered whole onion into mine or a whole slice of bread to make crumbs, it's capacity is probably similar to a teacup.

lolalotta Wed 17-Dec-14 12:10:26

I chop the onion into quarters and drop it in...

Teladi Wed 17-Dec-14 12:11:44

I LOVE mine, I use it for onions and carrots and such like. Do need to chop them up a little first, into quarters.

beeny Wed 17-Dec-14 12:16:20

I love mine use it for garlic, ginger and onions but then i do a lot of indian cooking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now