Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning washing machine

(11 Posts)
Eminybob Sat 13-Dec-14 02:49:50

I've seen something on here before but I can't find it about putting your washing machine on a cleaning cycle? Possibly using vinegar?
Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks smile

Crazy8 Sat 13-Dec-14 02:58:02

Very hot wash with vinegar instead of washing powder. Should do the trick.

ilovepowerhoop Sat 13-Dec-14 07:58:58

soda crystals in a hot wash followed by vinegar in a hot wash

TheSkiingGardener Sat 13-Dec-14 08:03:31

Oooh, I need to do that, thanks for the reminder OP.

How much vinegar?

Eminybob Sat 13-Dec-14 08:13:56

Thank you. Any particular type of vinegar? I mean will sarsons do the trick or do I need something special?

Bonsoir Sat 13-Dec-14 08:17:10

Dr Beckmann does a product in a blue bottle that you use in an empty cycle. It does a very good job.

LillianGish Sat 13-Dec-14 08:24:48

Apologies for hijack - Bonsoir, how did yr dd get on at Massillon?

Bonsoir Sat 13-Dec-14 12:54:54

Hi LillianGish smile

She was offered a place! But we turned it down for various reasons, not one of which was overriding but cumulatively meant that we didn't think it was quite right for our family. How are your DC getting on?

bananananacoconuts Sat 13-Dec-14 13:00:41

I usually use white vinegar

LillianGish Sat 13-Dec-14 16:00:24

Dcs are doing fine - the English department is superb, but the hours are very long in the native section. We live close by though so at least they don't have much travelling. We went out for dinner in Neuilly last week and I was thinking what a long journey your dd would have if she went there.

Bonsoir Sat 13-Dec-14 18:06:01

The locality was definitely one of the issues we had with Massillon (though we don't live quite as far away as Neuilly and would in any case have moved nearer). I'm glad it's all worked out for your DCs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now