Talk

Advanced search

Keeping sandwich toaster clean.

(8 Posts)
carolinecupcake Wed 10-Dec-14 13:57:45

We often have toasted sandwiches as a snack/light meal but I'm fed up of having to clean it after every use. The cheese oozes out all over the place! Apart from not using cheese is there anything I could do/use to stop it getting in such a mess?
Thanks!

Schoolaroundthecorner Wed 10-Dec-14 14:01:45

This kind of thing

www.amazon.co.uk/Pack-Non-Stick-Re-usable-Toaster-Bags/dp/B001UHNMLQ

Or don't add the cheese until after toasting the bread. Or do them under the grill instead.

Schoolaroundthecorner Wed 10-Dec-14 14:02:35

On hang on ignore my post. I reread and realised you are using a toaster press not the toaster!

Georgie507 Fri 12-Dec-14 15:18:20

Mine says wipe with olive oil, seems to work for me

Seeline Fri 12-Dec-14 15:22:46

Mine is a nightmare. I've decided though that as the cheese is like molten lava, a quick wipe over with kitchen towel is fine, as no bug will survive that temperature blush grin

EmNetta Sat 13-Dec-14 21:59:43

I gave away my toasting machine (with all the assorted extra plates) once I'd used toaster bags - not only saves cleaning but saves storage too.

pressone Mon 15-Dec-14 12:01:38

Place the sandwich maker on paper towel before you start so you don't get cheesy oily gunk all over the work surface.
Wipe down whilst warm (or warm up again so you can eat your sarnies whilst hot.
Don't put cheese too near the edge of the bread or it will ooooooooze out.

iwantaginsoakedXmas Tue 16-Dec-14 15:40:42

I must be such a skank.

I have had my sandwich toaster (Breville looky likey) for over 20 years - and only give it a cursory wipe after use.

It seems pretty clean and gunk free.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now