Talk

Advanced search

Neff dishwasher-no cutlery basket

(16 Posts)
superram Tue 09-Dec-14 13:15:11

Brand new dishwasher chosen by dh. No cutlery basket at the bottom only a cutlery shelf at the top. Awkward to fill, will have to empty one piece at a time. Can anyone advise on how to make it the best dishwasher ever? Can I buy a basket? Is there a trick I am missing?

MrsMarigold Tue 09-Dec-14 13:18:19

I just product tested one for Mumsnet and Miele - it has no cutlery basket and the cutlery shelf is better for cleaning as nothing gets stuck and you can arrange all implements together - ie all knives, forks, teaspoons. No idea about Neff but it just takes a bit of time to adapt to the new layout.

MrsMarigold Tue 09-Dec-14 13:19:16

I just product tested one for Mumsnet and Miele - it has no cutlery basket and the cutlery shelf is better for cleaning as nothing gets stuck and you can arrange all implements together - ie all knives, forks, teaspoons. No idea about Neff but it just takes a bit of time to adapt to the new layout.

superram Tue 09-Dec-14 15:53:17

Thanks mrs, maybe my slapdash throwing stuff in is the problem! Maybe I just need to give it a chance.

tibni Tue 09-Dec-14 18:09:50

I love the shelf system. cleaner and I load all spoons together etc. so really quick to unload. Safer too - no knives sticking up

ilovepowerhoop Tue 09-Dec-14 21:40:41

I bought my dishwasher because it had the cutlery tray and think it is great. It frees up space in the lower drawer too.

fussychica Thu 11-Dec-14 11:57:27

Dishwasher should be up and running next week Yay! after 3 years without one - can't wait. It has a cutlery rack rather than a basket as it's a slimline model so the tray frees up space for pots at the bottom.

weeredcar Thu 11-Dec-14 14:06:17

We've just bought one for our new kitchen and its a PITA at first, but hopefully we'll get used to it.

We have to re-arrange the glasses on the top shelf too as if they're too big, they get in the way of the cutlery shelf. OH advises the trays can be adjusted so will have to get round to doing that.

PigletInABlanketJohn Thu 11-Dec-14 15:37:26

if you particularly want a basket, you can get one on fleabay for a few pounds. get the narrower single ones, or a double that comes in half, as it will be easier to fit round the plate prongs.

Usually, people prefer the tray though, once they get used to it.

emsyj Thu 11-Dec-14 17:18:01

We have a Miele with a tray - I would never go back to a basket. So much more space for pans with a top tray and no annoying basket falling over the whole time.

Tzibeleh Thu 11-Dec-14 17:30:21

Not at all awkward, and you don't have to empty one piece at a time (assume you mean cutlery). Get into the habit of loading all forks side-by-side, all spoons side-by-side,all knives side-by-side, etc. when you unload, just grab all similar items in one handful, and straight into their section of the cutlery drawer. Even easier IMO than with the conventional basket.

Tzibeleh Thu 11-Dec-14 17:34:01

Weeredcar, on mine there is a little yellow handle on either side of the rack where it meets the rail. Squeeze the handle to release the lock and lift or lower that side of the rack. We have one side raised to accommodate large plates on the bottom rack, and the other side lowered to accommodate tall glasses below the cutlery tray.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 11-Dec-14 20:10:19

I miss my bosch with a tray.

The electrolux we have has a bakest and its crap. Am going to save for a bosch again.

EarSlaps Thu 11-Dec-14 23:01:17

Yes, load them all by type then you can just scoop up all forks or spoons etc to put them away, much better. Plus seems to get it all a lot cleaner and you get more room on the bottom so I can get the massive pans in.

Artistic Sat 13-Dec-14 00:34:45

If you do WANT a basket - you'll find a cheap one on Amazon. I had a big one & changed to small one.

CinnamonCake Sat 13-Dec-14 00:40:57

And even if you're not as organised like me you can still see all the knives/forks/spoons at the same time, grab them, chuck in drawer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now