Talk

Advanced search

Wet face cloths

(23 Posts)
Hithere123 Mon 08-Dec-14 13:22:15

What do you do with them until time to wash. My 3 DC's like one each in the bath, and each morning. At the moment I hang them over the side of the bath until they are dry but I hate that they look so messy all the time. They seem to take forever to dry. Any ideas?!

NoSquirrels Mon 08-Dec-14 18:13:09

We do what you do, and I hate it too. Have been pondering some sort of pegs/hooks on the tiles but not researched it yet. Will watch with interest (though I suspect a few replies will say they get washed after every use...)

AgentAlice Mon 08-Dec-14 18:23:35

They get washed after every use...they don't all have one in the bath though. I have loads of them so there is a constant clean pile, some in the wash and in the dryer.

Haggisfish Mon 08-Dec-14 18:29:55

Ye gads. Messy face cloths-seriously?! Mine just sit next to the bath and get washed about once a fortnight.

Artandco Mon 08-Dec-14 18:35:31

Our get washed after so go in the washing basket. The state they go in the bath sometimes their legs are covered in mud, or I use face cloths to remove makeup so def dirty

catsofa Mon 08-Dec-14 21:30:35

Hang on radiator in bathroom so they dry. Use Body Shop nylon scrubby ones which exfoliate well and don't really hold water like cotton so they dry really fast. Yes, otherwise they're disgusting, aren't they?

EthelCardew Tue 09-Dec-14 11:33:01

Flannels seem to go stinky after one day in my bathroom (no window, just an extractor).

We wash face in the morning and bath with the same washcloth in the evening so in between I put it on the right side of the towel heater.

After the bath I wring it out and put it on the left side until the morning when I shove the crispy old one in the laundry basket and get a new one out.

cheapandcheerful Tue 09-Dec-14 14:11:18

Nobody uses face cloths in our house blush

fussychica Tue 09-Dec-14 18:22:41

I hate them and never, ever, use them. Managed to get my DH out of the habit too after several years of marriagewink

chocoshopoholic Tue 09-Dec-14 18:27:26

Dropped straight into laundry basket after each use here.

Hithere123 Tue 09-Dec-14 19:41:13

Why have I never thought to put them on the radiator to dry more quickly?! They have a fresh one every time but all of mine are bright. Silly idea as I have very little bright laundry, only once a week wash. :/

EthelCardew Tue 09-Dec-14 20:01:58

fussychica Oh I hate them too, but as I have sensitive skin, a good wash with a facecloth is about as exfoliating as I can take. DD is also 3.10 and a messy eater so always needs a good once over several times a day. Wipes bring her up in a rash. Husband doesn't use them though, which is lucky as there's no more space on the heater anyway!

hithere123 They look messy hanging there but I can't bear them stinking out the laundry basket. I wash them together with my towels (no matter what colour), which get washed twice a week. My MIL was obviously horrified when I mentioned this. She has fresh towels everywhere, everyday. hmm

BeCool Fri 12-Dec-14 15:30:44

Wet face cloths are banned from the laundry basket.

They either get hung up in bathroom to be reused or the DC are specially trained to put them straight into washing machine after use & then they are washed with whatever is being washed next <clever>

SantasBassoon Fri 12-Dec-14 15:33:17

They get washed after each use. Cold, wet flannels are really unpleasant to me. I'm weird about 'old water' confused blush

bigbluestars Fri 12-Dec-14 22:36:24

Laundry basket. Washed afer every use- I have a big pile of them.

bigbluestars Fri 12-Dec-14 22:38:49

Stuff is rarely in my laundry basket for more than a day. The flannel get put on towels anyway and washed quickly so no time to smell.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 13-Dec-14 10:55:08

You can't put a wet facecloth in a laundry basket. It'll make things mouldy.
You can't just fling a navy facecloth into the washing machine - the next wash to go in might be a 'whites' wash . smile
I dry them on the base of the bathroom heated towel rail then put them into the laundry basket.

Greencheese Sat 13-Dec-14 10:58:01

I don't know how people wash after every use, I use mine twice a day. I love a face flannel. I pop it on the radiator and wash with the towels once a week.

pressone Sat 13-Dec-14 16:00:11

Tupperware container under the sink. I don't use them to wash with but like them for mini facials. All mine are white, as are towels, so go in the twice weekly towel wash.

snowaccidentprone Sat 13-Dec-14 16:07:05

We have loads

They are really cheap at Dunelm Mills.

We pit them on the radiator to dry, then chuck them in the washing basket.

Use a clean one very day. Just buy similar shades to your towels,so that they can go in at the same time. We all have different shades of the same colour, so we know whose is whose (some things I am very anal about).

I used mine as a hot cloth with cleaner to take off my makeup before I go to bed.

bigbluestars Sat 13-Dec-14 16:57:54

holly- "You can't put a wet facecloth in a laundry basket. It'll make things mouldy."

How long do you leave your laundry basket? Yeuch.

I wash clothes every day- 10 loads a week. I chuck a face cloth on top of same used towel- will be washed within 12 hours or so.
Can't see mould developing in that time.

Hazchem Sat 13-Dec-14 20:10:40

Straight into the washing machine. All of ours are quite old so no worry about colour run. I tend to do a white wash only every ten days so just make sure the machine is empty.

JsOtherHalf Sun 14-Dec-14 01:31:17

We use baby wash cloths instead of flannels. They get chucked in the empty bath after one use, where they dry quite quickly. I then put them in the laundry bag and wash with the towels.

www.poundland.co.uk/baby-wash-cloths-6-pack

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now