Talk

Advanced search

I've got bleach stains on some new black jeans - help!

(17 Posts)
Candustpleasefuckoff Thu 04-Dec-14 13:49:12

Apart from swearing a lot what else can I do? Bleach them and dye them? If so any particular dye for jeans?

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Thu 04-Dec-14 13:51:14

I'd dye them with Dylon - but you might still see the shading iyswim?

atticusclaw Thu 04-Dec-14 13:53:23

I think you'll still see the difference. Dylon isn't that great. Ive done all sorts and you can always see patches.

If you can't bear to ditch them I'd get some dylon, paint it onto the patch only, fix it with salt for a couple of hours and then put through the wash but I doubt it will work.

WerewolfBarMitzvah Thu 04-Dec-14 13:54:57

Sharpie?!

wowfudge Thu 04-Dec-14 13:55:51

I've splashed navy trousers with bleach, re-dyed them using Dylon in navy and you cannot tell.

The alternative is what? Give it a go OP. Don't bleach them first. Use Dylon machine dye.

GooodMythicalMorning Thu 04-Dec-14 13:58:09

I'd attempt to dye them.

forago Thu 04-Dec-14 14:00:32

don't bkeach them, Dylon and sharpies is all you can do. I've found the black dye covers it quite well

Shesparkles Thu 04-Dec-14 14:01:44

Dylon machine dye has worked for me in the past

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Thu 04-Dec-14 14:12:27

We have markers in the lab that are ethanol (amongst other things) -resistant, perhaps that would work better than a sharpie? Not sure where you'd buy them from though.

Iristutu Thu 04-Dec-14 20:46:41

I reduced my black trousers with Dylon, I coloured them in with permanent marker first.

Worked perfectly.

piggychops Thu 04-Dec-14 21:00:16

Dylon in the washing machine works every time. I use it regularly to rejuvenate old jeans. Follow the instructions and all will be will. You will need an old towel to wipe down the rubber seal afterwards but I've never had a problem with staining on subsequent loads.

Hoppinggreen Thu 04-Dec-14 21:07:47

Black marker

e1y1 Sat 06-Dec-14 16:59:34

Was gonna say, I've managed to dye towels fine with Dylon. They look like they were bought that colour, so I would go with Dylon.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 06-Dec-14 17:04:41

IME black Dylon is never completely black so I reckon you'd see the patches.

I'd go for a permanent marker pen.

Easier, cheaper and quicker too!

piggychops Sat 06-Dec-14 18:45:36

One Dylon is enough for one pair of trousers only. The mistake a lot of people make is to try to dye too much fabric at once which causes the patches.

EmNetta Sat 06-Dec-14 23:30:16

I'd try permanent marker first, then add fabric paint (iron to set permanently), which should work.

mausmaus Sat 06-Dec-14 23:36:44

ditch the bleach
toxic stuff and not great at getting things clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now