Talk

Advanced search

How do you store your scarves/shawls??

(15 Posts)
Erebus Tue 02-Dec-14 11:12:54

I know, I know! All the Big Questions! grin... but..?

I have about a dozen, varying from small 'decorative' ones through to serious 'keep you warm' knitted ones. Currently they're on one of these but it's bulky.

Are yours all in a drawer (and are you the sort of person who folds such stuff before sticking back in the drawer every time?). Do you have more than one place where you leave your scarves?

we have just revamped the innards of the built-in wardrobe and I'm looking for a better solution!

TIA

HerrenaHarridan Tue 02-Dec-14 11:21:42

I can't show you a pic as I've moved house recently and haven't put it up yet but I have a small branch hung up with red twine and then 3 pretty cost hanger with the hook twisted so it's sits the other way and rack scarf is pegged to a hanger.

It's up on the wall. I may have about 40 scarves though

HerrenaHarridan Tue 02-Dec-14 11:22:13

Oh and think winters scarves live in the hats and gloves box by the front door.

amy83firsttimer Tue 02-Dec-14 11:35:12

Dad has an ikea kitchen rail thing that you should use with.hooks for hanging pans on attached to the inside of his wardrobe door, all his ties are on it. It works really well.

IsItTeaYoureLookingFor Tue 02-Dec-14 11:56:56

I have lots of sacrves around 30 plus and I hang them on this with the round black hangers you get.

pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=230913993607&alt=web

TravelinColour Tue 02-Dec-14 12:01:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadMonkeys Thu 04-Dec-14 14:10:58

I have a treasure chest shaped wicker basket in the porch for scarves/gloves/woolly hats. They don't get folded, just stuff them in!

bilbodog Thu 04-Dec-14 14:43:57

my sister has an old fashioned towel stand that she wraps all the scarves round (there are her and 3 girls in her household) so they all put their scarves on it in the hall and they all share each others scarves!

TiedUpWithString Thu 04-Dec-14 16:31:09

I have a hook (like the hook of a hanger) and coming down from that is a wooden thing with hooks all round it. The scarves get looped over the hooks. Each hook can take one thick wooly scarf or several thinner ones. It rotates too. Or, for regular wear scarves, tucked down the sleeve of the coat hung up.

Lookslikeimstuckhere Thu 04-Dec-14 16:33:08

Towel racks on the inside wall of our fitted wardrobe, tuck all scarfs in that! Works really well smile

Lookslikeimstuckhere Thu 04-Dec-14 16:33:29

Sp. Scarves blush

Iristutu Thu 04-Dec-14 20:41:36

St on a coat hanger ( trouser hanger )I loop them over pull the ends through which sort of knots them loosely. Hang in wardrobe. Downstairs I put any on the coat hook until I take them back.

Took me years to realise this was the best way.

Ragglefrock Thu 04-Dec-14 23:36:47

I've got one of those radiator thingys that you can dry clothes on but I hang my scarves over it instead - completely covers both the radiator and the hanger in a pretty way as well as being useful.

EmNetta Sat 06-Dec-14 23:26:06

I've an old metal CD tower in one side of the wardrobe, giving about a dozen cubby-holes for folded scarves; bigger ones are draped on a hanger attached to the door. (Works better than the Ikea gadget).

Erebus Tue 09-Dec-14 12:08:57

Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now