Talk

Advanced search

Miele or Henry?

(31 Posts)
cashmerecardigans Tue 02-Dec-14 07:16:54

Our Dyson has given up at last. We were never too impressed really and are looking to replace either a Miele or possibly a Henry. We only have wooden floors throughout but have a cocker spaniel who moults and brings in mud. Could anyone advise which is best? Henry cheaper but much lower power so is the suction good enough?
Thanks

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 02-Dec-14 11:32:10

Miele. Always.

caravanista13 Tue 02-Dec-14 11:33:53

I was expecting this to be a names thread!

MrsMarigold Tue 02-Dec-14 11:34:00

Miele, although I know lots of builders favour Henry. Has this new EU legislation on powerful vacuum cleaners come into effect.

WingsClipped Tue 02-Dec-14 14:15:20

Miele!

NotTodaySatan Tue 02-Dec-14 14:17:19

Miele.

Poor Henry doesn't come close.

MrsMcRuff Tue 02-Dec-14 14:19:07

I was expecting this to be a names thread!

Me too! I might suggest Miele on the next one that crops up grin

cashmerecardigans Tue 02-Dec-14 15:40:38

Ha! Love the idea of a Miele baby! Thanks everyone, looks like Miele is the way to go.

rabbit123 Tue 02-Dec-14 17:19:04

Henry!

Cheaper to buy, more reliable and the bags are cheaper - £9.99 for 10 huge 8 litre bags vs £12.99 for 4 small 4 litre bags.

rabbit123 Tue 02-Dec-14 17:21:29

The new EU regulations have come into effect so all manufacturers have had to lower their wattage. Having said that, we've got a new 580w Henry and it's quieter, has more suction and better tools than the old 1200w model

NotTodaySatan Tue 02-Dec-14 17:23:42

rabbit I get my 4x Miele bags for £8.

rabbit123 Tue 02-Dec-14 18:05:35

^that's a better price, but still not as cheap as Henry bags which are bigger, last longer and you get 10 in a box instead of just 4

NotTodaySatan Tue 02-Dec-14 18:06:51

Meh. Happy to pay the difference for an infinitely superior vacuum.

WishUponAStar88 Tue 02-Dec-14 18:07:10

Haha glad I wasn't the only one thinking this was a name thread!!

OatcakeCravings Tue 02-Dec-14 18:08:52

I got a Henry on the advice of Mumsnetters, compared to my old Dyson it was awful. I had to "accidentally" break it and then I bought another Dyson. So if you're not impressed with a Dyson I wouldn't touch a Henry!

coalscuttle Tue 02-Dec-14 18:09:13

I have wooden floors, a springer and a cocker grin my Miele died and I got a Henry a I couldn't afford another Miele at the moment and I have to say it is as good as my old Miele. I didn't think I would ever say that, but the Henry has been fab. Plus the bags are cheaper and much much bigger!

NotTodaySatan Tue 02-Dec-14 18:09:15

grin

I quite like Miele for a girl. Pronounced like Miel. I think the brand is pronounced meal-uh.

coalscuttle Tue 02-Dec-14 18:09:51

Just don't get a dyson!

BooDidIScareYou Tue 02-Dec-14 18:15:59

I had a fancy schmancy Dyson but was never that impressed with it. Was pleased when it finally gave up and died, and replaced by a Henry. I luffs my Henry, he's very sucky which the Dyson wasn't. But I've never had a Miele so can't compare between those two

SugarPlumTree Tue 02-Dec-14 18:27:40

My Miele broke. Well it turned out it hadn't but a stone got stuck under the switch but I didn't know that at the time. On advice of MN I got a Hetty, who happened to be on special offer that weekend.

24 hours later she was back in the shop as I decided no Hoover was better than a Hetty Hoover. Then I found the stone, my Miele and all was well again with the world.

cashmerecardigans Tue 02-Dec-14 19:19:18

Thanks again everyone. It sounds like Miele is the way to go as long as I can manage the cost. Definitely not getting another Dyson,we've had 2 and they've not lasted or done a great job either. I did see a couple of Bosch ones but to be honest am getting a bit boggled as there are so many out there! Thanks for all the advice, really helpfulsmile

ouryve Tue 02-Dec-14 19:21:07

Another one expecting this to be in the baby names folder.

Cute as they are, AAIK, Henry Hoovers aren't what they used to be. If you're not wanting an upright, I'd go for the Miele.

DarkBlueEyes Tue 02-Dec-14 19:28:32

Miele sucks. Sucks brilliantly compared to Henry!!! Love my Miele.

laterplease Tue 02-Dec-14 19:30:35

Miele if the choice is between Miele and Henry. Had both and Miele wins, especially with dog hair. Still swear by my Roomba robot cleaner though. Switch it on and close the door and come back to a clean room - no effort, just empty bin and ready for next time!

fivepies Tue 02-Dec-14 19:33:37

If you do buy a Miele make sure you get a model that includes a head for your wooden floors. They call them Parquet heads. I love my Miele. Brilliant customer service too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now