Talk

Advanced search

dishwasher help please

(7 Posts)
stayingdry Mon 01-Dec-14 14:54:14

I'm sure it's been asked before but why doesn't my dishwasher clean everything sad used a dishwasher cleaner, cleaned filter, cleared arms, any tips greatly appreciatedgrin

wowfudge Mon 01-Dec-14 17:09:47

Is anything preventing the arms from rotating once you've stacked it? I find tall plates need to go at either side in our dishwasher or the arms hit them and don't go round.

Also, if I put a lot in the top tray (I'm talking about wedging things around other stuff really) then the water circulation isn't very good and a film of much accumulates in places and the mugs, glasses, etc need cleaning by hand to remove it.

Rascalls3 Mon 01-Dec-14 17:30:51

Have you checked all the holes in the arms are clear. Tiny bits of food get lodged in them. Even one blocked hole dramatically reduces cleaning.

hissingcat Mon 01-Dec-14 21:44:33

Is the stuff packed in too tightly? usually this is the reason mine doesn't always clean properly.
I think using salt and rinse aid helps too.

trulymadlyme Mon 01-Dec-14 21:50:36

We have just had this problem. I cleaned everything as you have ut I also did an intensive wash using white vinigar. I also am putting less items on the top shelf. Dishes now coming out clean.

stayingdry Tue 02-Dec-14 13:28:40

thanks for the help, think it's a case of me over loading it.I tend to think l can cover every inch of the racks,blush blush

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 02-Dec-14 20:12:15

Sometimes they are just shit machines. This electrolux ones rubbish compared to my bosch one I had to sell when we moved.

angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now