Talk

Advanced search

vacuum cleaner - a bit stuck

(3 Posts)
rowingboat Sat 29-Nov-14 20:58:37

Hi all,
I want to buy a new vacuum cleaner in the new year. We have all carpet except the kitchen and bathroom, which I sweep.
I am using a dyson at the moment, which seems to be puffing dust around whenever I use it, which is a bit cough cough!
I would like a bagless, upright vacuum, possibly cordless? Or possibly a bagless cylinder which is good for carpet pile and fluffy rugs - is there such a thing.
I am bit worried about dragging a cylinder about being a bit of a slog - heavy etc...
Kind of preferring an upright because they seem better for carpets?
Is there anything nice around just now which would fit the bill, anything new coming out???
It's all a bit overwhelming.

HappydaysArehere Sun 30-Nov-14 16:48:51

Sebo has a bag but having experienced a Dyson it is a dream. You don't get a speck of dust as you take one bag out and put another in. Comes with plastic lid for each bag being taken out. The bag on my upright lasts ages and the vacuum itself is superior to my old Dyson.

rabbit123 Sun 30-Nov-14 17:10:14

Another recommendation for Sebo here! We have 2, I think they're absolutely unbeatable for carpets. The bags are huge too, so they take months to fill up and because of the filter running the length of the bag chamber and not sitting under the bag, it doesn't lose suction. They're also super reliable and know to last 20 years plus

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now